Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alignment Specs
Charles Freeborn
post Jun 6 2021, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,377
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Whatcha' all running?

Mine is a 4 cyl, 225/50/15 Toyo RR's on all four corners. Front suspension from an '85 911, rear has coilovers and reinforced trailing arms with diagonal braces.

Thx!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Jun 6 2021, 07:42 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm close to 1.5 degrees negative camber on all 4 corners to get good even tire temperatures. Had earlier been running more negative but for road racing this is better--I think the autocross gang uses more negative. That said, I'm in a /6 with 215rwhp weighing 1950 pounds without me in it and on bias ply Hoosiers.
I ran Toyo RR's for years and loved them--225 all around--great tires, start at about 29psi, finish 30 minute session about 33-34psi. Get a probe type pyrometer, failing that get a good sensitive feel across the tread on all four corners to set your camber to get the temps even. Toe is just a bit of toe in front and rear, say 1/8 inch max. Hard braking prior to turn-in tends to spread the fronts in the direction of toe out....ymmv...
+Quote Post
Charles Freeborn
post Jun 6 2021, 08:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,377
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 6 2021, 06:42 PM) *

I'm close to 1.5 degrees negative camber on all 4 corners to get good even tire temperatures. Had earlier been running more negative but for road racing this is better--I think the autocross gang uses more negative. That said, I'm in a /6 with 215rwhp weighing 1950 pounds without me in it and on bias ply Hoosiers.
I ran Toyo RR's for years and loved them--225 all around--great tires, start at about 29psi, finish 30 minute session about 33-34psi. Get a probe type pyrometer, failing that get a good sensitive feel across the tread on all four corners to set your camber to get the temps even. Toe is just a bit of toe in front and rear, say 1/8 inch max. Hard braking prior to turn-in tends to spread the fronts in the direction of toe out....ymmv...

Many thanks. Very similar to my thinking. Same with the RR's - start at 30 depending on ambient and they feel great all the way up to mid-30's. Still getting used to the 4 wheel drift rather than the 911 oversteer. Such a fun car!

+Quote Post
brant
post Jun 6 2021, 09:47 PM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 6 2021, 07:42 PM) *

I’m Going to test some bias ply tires
What cold pressure Do you use?
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Jun 7 2021, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(brant @ Jun 6 2021, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jun 6 2021, 07:42 PM) *

I’m Going to test some bias ply tires
What cold pressure Do you use?

The Hoosier folks say to be at 22psi hot for a car weighing 2200 pounds. One psi per hundred. I start st 17 to be at 22 hot. Usually have to bleed down a bit as the day goes on..
+Quote Post
brant
post Jun 7 2021, 04:16 PM
Post #6

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Thank you a ton!
Gives me a good starting point
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:16 AM