Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drove my 1st Raby powered Teener
Joe Ricard
post Jul 23 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #1

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

Whoo HOO! I gotta get me one of them. one of the 2316 Nickie motors with Carbs. I'll be saving up extra hard now. Can't even imagine the torgue and smoothness of the engine.
Yup given the lite wieght of the red neck racer and all the suspension mods it is going to be one hell of a car.

Shoot I'll be able to hit cones twice as fast and probably twice as many.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Jul 23 2005, 10:16 AM
Post #2

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yup,

A Rabymobile is on my list of cars that I want to drive someday.

Ken

+Quote Post
olav
post Jul 23 2005, 10:46 AM
Post #3

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 34
Region Association: None

How much would that set a fella back?
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 23 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #4

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Well it's hard to nail a price down. 1st of all wasn't my car. So it's hard to ask a person that. But as he was going through the list of goodies the motor had. Well more than a stock rebuild (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) The last rebuild I did for a guy was 2500.00 About as cheap as you can go and make it "hopefully last" stockish power.

Massive power ??? well go Jake's Web site and look at his kits. Not good at mechanical stuff? he'll build you a motor for you and stand behind it REALLY. If you ever get the chance to mat the gas of one of them motors in a 914 your eyes will roll back and the money will jump out of your wallet. Pretty painless that way. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mueba.gif)
+Quote Post
anthony
post Jul 23 2005, 12:53 PM
Post #5

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

If you go with a complete engine from Jake with the SDS fuel injection and the full Tangerine header/muffler I'd be that you'd easily break $10K.
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jul 23 2005, 07:23 PM
Post #6

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

It ain't cheap but the guy bleeds for his motors. I know cause he bent over backwards for me. Mine's not the current kit but kind of a custom kit and when it didn't work i could tell it hurt. He did right by me.

Right now it's kind of hard to be patient cause I got a sniff of what it's gonna be like when I put it together the last time. Trying to seat the rings I hit the gas hard in second and hit my head off of the headrest. After that I tighten up my neck first before I nailed it.

It turns out I met a guy today at Walker's swap meet that works about 2 miles from where I live. He's got a 2270 from Jake that dynoed 165. I bought a fuel pump from him at his asking price cause it included a ride in his car. Gonna be a hell of a ride.

Dave
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 24 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #7

CUMONIWANNARACEU

So Dave, what's the ETA of the motor pushing your car down the road with your hair on fire?

+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Jul 24 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #8

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Joe,
Glad you enjoyed the ride/driving experience...

Its okay, you can tell them who owns the car that you drove......

To everyone else- Glad you guys appreciate what I have done to help make the engines better. I really love for things to work correctly, the best they can.

Dave, hurry up and get that engine together! while I may not have liked what happened to your kit I did gather extreme data from it that I was not able to gain from the spintron, or my test engines. The failure that you experienced played a key role in the lifter/camshaft solution that followed a few weeks after we inspected your parts.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Jul 24 2005, 01:42 PM
Post #9

Engine Surgeon

BTW- I got tired of too many questions about pricing, so I added a page on the site dedicated to it...

It still won't tell you exactly how much Raby power will cost you (only I can do that after we talk) but it will give a good idea of what you'll spend. So go check out the pricing page....... AND if it costs too much for ya, keep your mouth shut and buy a "Kit" to assemble yourself... My labor on the full engine is whats very expensive.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Jul 24 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #10

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

Jake, the pricing page is great. It will give people a ball park idea of what to expect. I will definitely buy a kit some day from you. I've decided that it's the way to go for me instead of spending $10K to put a used 3.2L six in my 914.
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jul 24 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #11

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Jake, it really going together. I can't believe how much easier everything is the second time around. The only delay is parts coming in now. I'm waiting on a ring and a stud. At that point it's choose the cylinder shim and bolt it together. I'll check the geometry but, I hope the pushrods will work. My guess is 2 weeks.

Dave
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Jul 24 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #12

Engine Surgeon

I make it a point to never *try* to convince anyone- I want the customer to totally make their decision before coming my way- Customers that are not 100% sure that they want my product can become a detriment pretty quick. This normally happens 1/2 way through the project when they change their mind- that doesn't make me a very happy camper at all...

So its always much better for all of us involved to look at every aspect.

Many of my customers are doing conversions UP to TIV power and thats my main interest these days.
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jul 24 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #13

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Ok, Jake's car IS FAST.
My car with his engine would be WICKED FAST.
My co driver, my car, Jake's engine Geesh I don't even want to think about it. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Allan
post Jul 24 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #14

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

I want one. Jake, can you send me one of your 3 liter motors to put in my car? I will tell everyone I whip down the straights that it is a Raby motor...

Promise (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:21 PM