Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pedal Box Differences, Thought They All Were the Same, But Maybe Not
motorvated
post Jul 19 2021, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,519
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I was in the process of swapping out the pedal box that was in my '72 with a spare used pedal box I bought locally. When comparing the two boxes, it appears that the box from my car has a longer bushing tube for the accelerator cable mounting plate than the replacement I have sourced. Since the shaft on the plate is way too long for the shorter bushing tube on the replacement box, and the replacement box did not come with the accelerator cable mounting plate, I had to fabricate a short tube to make up for the excess length of the shaft. The bronze bushings fit the diameter of the bushing tube, so using the spacer should work. Does anyone know if there were changes made to this portion of the 914 pedal box during the production years, or was there only one style of 914 pedal box and my replacement might be from a 911 or 912, or some other model. The other portions of the two boxes appear to be identical, except the box from my car does not have the return spring on the right side of the main shaft and the replacement does. Pictures below.Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 12:25 AM