Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Use caution when selling to: Mihlay Mik, Bad to deal with!
porsha916
post Jul 23 2021, 07:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,137
Region Association: None

Mihlay Mik, Agreed to purchase a 914 project from me on marketplace than backed out or wanted a much cheaper price! lied, called me a scammer, filed a complaint with paypal! I tried to sweeten the deal! he's Still being a jerk!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 23 2021, 07:24 AM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Lots of those "buyers" these days. Everyone is trying to jump on the bandwagon and make some money from classic cars.
+Quote Post
hockeymutt
post Jul 23 2021, 09:32 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,388

Hey that’s me! How about you tell the truth.

Seller here listed a car for sale, I sent a deposit and said we’d work out a price in person. Told him I would show up with all cash and he could refund the deposit when I showed up. The seller (porscha) stated he’d like to have the car moved in a week or so. My father who was going to help me with the transport had something come up and couldn’t make the trip. Renting a truck and trailer one way or even shipping it was cost prohibitive. Called this guy when I found out roughly less than 24 hours. Seller stated he was closing on his house next week and need it picked up before that or slightly after. Have a lot going on weddings ,vacation, toddler, work/life and stated I wouldn’t be able to make it for 2 or so weekends. Seller said it wouldn’t work as he had a family reunion. So I was essentially forced into this weekend or no deal. Sent him a message stating our timelines were not going to sync up and asked for my deposit back minus $100 as a gesture as I didn’t want to hold up a sale. Seems like once he found out I couldn’t make it this weekend, he knew he had my deposit so why not make any easier then it needed to be.

Porscha all of sudden wasn’t closing next week and just wanted it gone. I felt like I was lied to and put under the screws for no reason. Also made me rethink everything I was told about the car. He said he was keeping my deposit since I was wasted “over a week of his time” more like 48 hours. My hands were tied and no accommodations were even offered to me. So he essentially made this car unable to be picked up. Other than one day. So not sure how I’m the cock sucker here I wanted the car but it’s hard to finish a deal when it can’t be picked up.. even offered to pay him to trailer it half way. Guess that wasn’t an option.

Told him at this point I’d be at 1400 for the car plus a few hundred in parts if he could wait the 2 weekends.

I filed a dispute with PayPal, because wasn’t fully made aware of this made up dead line. If I would have know I had to pick up 5 days later never would have sent a deposit. I would have completed the deal the weekend i got back from vacation but was told that wasn’t an option. I normally would chalk up the deposit as a loss but since it was mutual timing issue the right thing would have been to refund it to me. If he didn’t lie and just kept his pants on he would have had a pocket full of cash.

Also something to think about this guy has 4 cars for sale and not one has sold, if he is going to lie about a timeline what else is he hiding?

PS: bill I hope you eat a big bag of dicks I could have put you on blast but didn’t since we were adults. Good luck and life and remember karmas a mother fucker
+Quote Post
MidEngineCrisis
post Jul 23 2021, 09:57 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 25,636
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(hockeymutt @ Jul 23 2021, 08:32 AM) *

Also something to think about this guy has 4 cars for sale and not one has sold, if he is going to lie about a timeline what else is he hiding?

That's definitely a concern. I inquired about one, got no response, then saw all the other ads bumped to the top.
+Quote Post
hockeymutt
post Jul 23 2021, 10:03 AM
Post #5

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 23 2021, 10:27 AM
Post #6

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) WOW! nightmare senerio.
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Jul 23 2021, 10:43 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877
Region Association: North East States

Lets hope they get it settled peacefully. Maybe a miscommunication or maybe some ill will. Generally these sort of deals work out well, but every so often they can get sour quick.

#1 rule: buyer beware
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 23 2021, 10:52 AM
Post #8

914-6 GT in waiting

I've met Hockeymutt in person and he's a good guy - not a cheesy flipper. I hope buyer and seller can work this out.

I don't keep buyers deposits even if the issue is with them. Part of the buying/selling game is wasting some time on some deals and having others that fall in to your lap. It's just life.
+Quote Post
930cabman
post Jul 23 2021, 10:58 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,877

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 23 2021, 10:52 AM) *

I've met Hockeymutt in person and he's a good guy - not a cheesy flipper. I hope buyer and seller can work this out.

I don't keep buyers deposits even if the issue is with them. Part of the buying/selling game is wasting some time on some deals and having others that fall in to your lap. It's just life.

Karma is alive and well and does not forget. When all is said and done the only thing we have left is our word
+Quote Post
hockeymutt
post Jul 23 2021, 11:00 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 23 2021, 08:52 AM) *

Hey mark! Thank you for the kind words. I do I still would by this lol. I wasn’t try to be a “jerk” but felt like my deposit was being held ransom to so I filed a dispute. If seller would have came up with an accommodating plan that worked for both of us I would have bought it. But he’s essentially trying to force my hand not a friendly way to do business.

I remained friendly and civil throughout, until someone tries to drag my name through the mud for their unwillingness to help.
+Quote Post
hockeymutt
post Jul 23 2021, 11:32 AM
Post #11

oAttached Image

Also to note this guy already had a $500 deposit and when I showed interest in another thing he had listed he wanted more money. Red flags everywhere
+Quote Post
mate914
post Jul 23 2021, 11:44 AM
Post #12

Matt

Member No.: 10,102

Hi... My father and I are the "Vultures".
I saw the cars he was selling. He was asking for twice what each car was worth.
They were ruts buckets...
I don't think one had a league title. (non-notarized)
All bumper, hoods, lids where rusty and bent.
Bill talked so much about himself, we never got to ask prices "1.5hours".
Was told by his wife, they "the car parts" had to be out by the 20th.
Something smells fishy.
Matt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 23 2021, 12:18 PM
Post #13

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Good example of how NOT to sell cars.
+Quote Post
TomE
post Jul 23 2021, 12:19 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 23,839

Matt meant legal title and I hope I am not a vulture! LOL That was a 3 hour trip and one lousy cheesesteak we ate for nothing. Some of the interior stuff was nice but other parts were overpriced but hey if you can sell it for that go ahead. Just not to me. My offer stands. $1000.00 for the yellow car, I don't need it I have 3 other projects but he sounded like the stuff had to go now!
+Quote Post
TomE
post Jul 23 2021, 12:21 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 23,839

P.S. I hope you can work out the deal for the project car also. I hate seeing these little cars rust up and not get back on the road. That was my goal with the yellow car. Make it a drivable 914 again.
+Quote Post
Andy338
post Jul 23 2021, 02:35 PM
Post #16

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 25,750

I currently don’t own a 914 but I would like to. I’ve been lurking on the forum and it has great information. I have nothing to add, other than I have bought and sold a number of British motorcycles and I have always been okay with returning a deposit if a sale doesn’t go through. I would imagine that the 914 community like the British bike community is fairly small. I came across the OP’s adds on Facebook market place while visiting my brother who lives close to the seller. I have to say I really like the 914 with the v8 rover engine that he has for sale. Although I never got the chance to see it in person

Andy
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 23 2021, 04:23 PM
Post #17

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

If the seller had previously stated that "the Deposit" was non-refundable then he would be entitled to keep it. Otherwise it should be refunded, in full. JMHO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Front yard mechanic
post Jul 23 2021, 07:20 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 18,984

New Jersey and New Yorkers avoidance alert
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
hockeymutt
post Jul 24 2021, 04:48 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jul 23 2021, 05:20 PM) *

Who me personally?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 24 2021, 05:51 AM
Post #20

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jul 23 2021, 09:20 PM) *

I don't think you really mean that. We just had an east coast 914 event, many people from NJ/NY and all wonderful folks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:33 PM