Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Master cylinder installation, First time
EJP914
post Jul 24 2021, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 821

Got the new MC from PMB. Have a bunch of questions on installing. Hopefully you guys can help me.

1. Do you remove the 2 rubber grommets from the new MC and then put them on the flared lines from the reservoir OR do you push the flared lines into the grommets while they are in the MC?

2. Got 2 aluminum washers. Where do they go? In the MC under the grommets?

3. How far down can I pull the plastic lines from the reservoir once disconnected from the reservoir? They look to pass through a rubber boot on the sheet metal. The more space the better under the car for reconnecting???

4. Is there some tool you use to push the grommets back in or is it a wiggle and twist? Would it help if they were lightly coated with brake fluid to get them back in?

5. Read somewhere someone removed their gas tank to do this job. IS that really necessary?

6. If there is a video somewhere on how to do this, please refer me.

Sorry for all the questions. This is my 5th 914 but never had to do this job before.
Thanks for the help.

EJP914
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 05:06 PM