Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical problems, Weird stuff happening
#1RAGE
post Jul 25 2005, 04:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 664

During my long road trip (~2300 miles) I had some weird electrical problems pop up.

The first thing I noticed was that the spedometer needle was bouncing up and down a few mph at a constant pulse. At first I thought it was dying on me but now I think it has to do with other things.

Then much later on I relalized my signal lights on the passenger side weren't working at all. Checked bulbs, fuses and tried again and then I noticed other problems. My brake light started working after never working before... except it would start flashing along with the signal light indicator. One brake light was really bright. Sometimes one rear light wouldn't work. Sometimes my reverse lights would be stuck on when the headlight knob was either 1/2 way out or full out. The hazard lights would work randomly. The gas and speedometer gauges would bounce. There are probably other things that I forgot about.

Anyway, all those weird things started happening then everything started working again a few hours later. Then the next day it went back to not working properly.

I'm guessing it is a grounding issue but I have no idea what to look for. It rained a lot while traveling. I'm wondering if maybe something got wet and screwed things up?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:25 AM