Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Does the crank case push pressure or pull a vaccume?, I did something stupid....
VaccaRabite
post Aug 8 2021, 06:38 PM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So some of you may remember my thread a couple weeks back that the oil filler cap disappeared during a spirited drive a while back. I have 2 other caps, but they are the wrong size (grrrr).

I drove a couple times and not much oil came out, but a little did. So I figured some aluminum foil where the filler cap should be would keep the small amount of oil the comes out from happening.

So after applying some heavy duty foil, I fired her up and went for a drive for about an hour. Came back and the FOIL WAS NOW GONE! There was foil around the lip of the filler, but the foil the covered the opening has either been blown off, or sucked into the crank case.

So... yeahhhhhhhhhh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Engine ran great. No changes to oil pressure or oil temps. Clearly I need to drain the oil out and also pull the tuna can off and look around.

So. How boned am I?

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:19 PM