Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2056 Dellorto question
yeahmag
post Aug 30 2021, 12:14 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

My set up with a 2056cc, 86A, crappy E10 gas, 9.5:1 (to help with E10), lot's of custom crap... It's a pretty fast autocross car for it's displacement.

Dual 40 Dells
36 vents
160 main
180 air
62 idle
35 pump
5-12 floats, vertical
250 inlet valve
30 degrees advance

I've gone through 10 variations on the 36mm venturi, all tuned with an LM-2.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jmargush
post Aug 30 2021, 06:46 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 2,176

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Aug 30 2021, 11:14 AM) *

My set up with a 2056cc, 86A, crappy E10 gas, 9.5:1 (to help with E10), lot's of custom crap... It's a pretty fast autocross car for it's displacement.

Dual 40 Dells
36 vents
160 main
180 air
62 idle
35 pump
5-12 floats, vertical
250 inlet valve
30 degrees advance

I've gone through 10 variations on the 36mm venturi, all tuned with an LM-2.

Educate me a little What do you mean by 5-12 float, vertical?
and 250 inlet valve?

mine falls on itself with quick throttle with 35 pump lots of popping if idel jets are smaller than 70.
+Quote Post
yeahmag
post Sep 1 2021, 10:28 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

When setting the float level, holding the carb top vertical (as to not engage the spring on the inlet needle valve) I set it at 5mm. 12mm is the full droop. Inlet valves come in sizes just like jets. I use the biggest one I can get to help keep the carbs from starving and make less work for my fuel pump.

What are your ignition settings? Are you popping out the exhaust or out the carbs? Have you verified that all 4 accelerator pumps are working? Rebuilt the carbs recently (full cleaning and new gaskets including pump diaphram)? What are your idle volume control screws set at (this can be indicative of a lean or rich environment) and how do they "react" to changes?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 1 2021, 10:54 AM
Post #24

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I think you will be happier using 32mm vents on your 2056. Shoot for a 950rpm idle.
+Quote Post
jmargush
post Sep 2 2021, 01:03 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Sep 1 2021, 09:28 AM) *

When setting the float level, holding the carb top vertical (as to not engage the spring on the inlet needle valve) I set it at 5mm. 12mm is the full droop. Inlet valves come in sizes just like jets. I use the biggest one I can get to help keep the carbs from starving and make less work for my fuel pump.

What are your ignition settings? Are you popping out the exhaust or out the carbs? Have you verified that all 4 accelerator pumps are working? Rebuilt the carbs recently (full cleaning and new gaskets including pump diaphram)? What are your idle volume control screws set at (this can be indicative of a lean or rich environment) and how do they "react" to changes?

So is the inlet valve the fitting where the fuel lines attach?

Not sure what the timing is
Carbs are in good shape and clean
Pump jets are working
Idle mixture screws don't seem to have a lot of impact on changing which CB Performance told me that is a sign the idle jets are too big, but with smaller jets it pops out the carbs
+Quote Post
jmargush
post Sep 2 2021, 01:05 PM
Post #26

So when you are holding the carb vertical and you set the 5mm gap are you pushing the the float closed or just letting it rest?
+Quote Post
jmargush
post Sep 3 2021, 04:58 AM
Post #27

QUOTE(jmargush @ Sep 2 2021, 12:03 PM) *

So is the inlet valve the fitting where the fuel lines attach?

Not sure what the timing is
Carbs are in good shape and clean
Pump jets are working
Idle mixture screws don't seem to have a lot of impact on changing which CB Performance told me that is a sign the idle jets are too big, but with smaller jets it pops out the carbs

Never mind on the inlet question I see now that is the needle and seat
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:48 PM