Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: 1990 Audi Quattro coupe?, What do you think
TravisNeff
post Jul 25 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/83811589.html

What is the scoupe on these cars? Decent, not soo good?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jul 25 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #2

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

i don't know, but that was the car i really wanted when i bought my corrado
+Quote Post
Jacques
post Jul 25 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #3

Technician

Member No.: 3,954
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif) My neighbor had a real pretty one. Not sure what happend to it though. --

apparently this one has 17' (foot) wheels!?
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jul 25 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

haha, bigger than life. I remember these when I bought my first new car, which was an 88 scirocco. That is also on the radar as well.
+Quote Post
Jacques
post Jul 25 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Technician

Member No.: 3,954
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:http://www.theautobahn.com/forum/images/avatars/VW_Corrado.gif) -What,. no Corrado?

(IMG:http://ae.tc/STF/100_3044x600.jpg)
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jul 25 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

I am keeping it cheap, corrado doesn't fit into that category around here otherwise it would
+Quote Post
Midtowner
post Jul 25 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #7

Ooooo!

Member No.: 3,316

I used to own one. 1990 is the year they came with true headers. Warped rotors can wear out the strut bearings. Contol arms are a weak area especially if the PO installed aftermarket super-stiff 2Bennett bushings. In fact, check all suspension components while you're at it. They are a bit slow off the line. Upgrade to real power using the 20V turbo is a $20,000 affair. The seats are rock hard but adjustable every which way. Rear hatch sqeaks but is a very easy fix if the adjusted correctly and if the hatch is lowered then pressed to closure instead of slamming the door down. I wonder how many miles are on the car. Most of them have high mileage by now. I liked the car because you don't see them that often however everyone around me mentioned the same comment: "Who makes that car?" Hope this helps! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric Taylor
post Jul 25 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 770

QUOTE (Midtowner @ Jul 25 2005, 10:11 PM)
I used to own one. 1990 is the year they came with true headers. Warped rotors can wear out the strut bearings. Contol arms are a weak area especially if the PO installed aftermarket super-stiff 2Bennett bushings. In fact, check all suspension components while you're at it. They are a bit slow off the line. Upgrade to real power using the 20V turbo is a $20,000 affair. The seats are rock hard but adjustable every which way. Rear hatch sqeaks but is a very easy fix if the adjusted correctly and if the hatch is lowered then pressed to closure instead of slamming the door down. I wonder how many miles are on the car. Most of them have high mileage by now. I liked the car because you don't see them that often however everyone around me mentioned the same comment: "Who makes that car?" Hope this helps! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

What he said. The 5 cylinder is a pertty cool motor, like a v6 that twists better and makes similar power. I would personally be causious of that car as at that price I bet it has over 200k. Most of them with say 100K go for 7-8 as they really are a rare car, very few maid and so they demand a taller dollar. The only other thing that would make me causious is the rims as it was probably a kids car then and he/she probably drove the pisss out of it, and when audi's break you better get the KY ready and bend over. Anyway I don't wana ruin the idea because it really is a great car, good handling great awd and a rare one, but it's really hit or miss when buying one. Good luck (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
Eric
+Quote Post
Midtowner
post Jul 25 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #9

Ooooo!

Member No.: 3,316

Yeah, if it breaks grab those ankles and lube up! Still though, they imported about 1700 between 1990 and 1991 so they will remain rare. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/bootyshake.gif)
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jul 26 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #10

914 Guru

I am curious about the mileage too, I emailed the seller. Yeah, I saw the different wheels, but the car is also at stock ride height - so who knows?
+Quote Post
porschenut
post Jul 26 2005, 04:36 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,929

Go for it! They are great cars that run forever. I have a sedan with a turbo motor and 15 psi. IT ROCKS. It also wasn't that expensive to do. Parts are not expensive and mileage is never an issue. The wife's 200 has 218, my 80 has 200 and I have taken a 5000 up to 300,000 miles.
Check out motorgeek.com and audifans.com as support groups.
That said, I have to quote the local Audi mechanic."They always get you where you need to go but there is always something broken" Electrics are a weak link, but its usually just cleaning all the connections. Not as easy to work on as the 914, but way faster and it doesn't rust!
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jul 26 2005, 05:51 AM
Post #12

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

our very own Cap'n Krusty is a CQ guru, and if he doesn't find this thread on his own, i'd contact him directly.

there is also a 20V list on RennList with lots of experts and expertise.
+Quote Post
jasons
post Jul 26 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #13

Jackstand Extraordinaire

Member No.: 2,573

Travis, I saw that car on craigslist and thought about it myself. Its been listed a couple of times. I think in one ad he listed the mileage at like 197k but I am not certain. A 197k Audi is a scary proposition. Of course, I own a 155k mile Porsche 944S2 which is not much different (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Dan_F
post Jul 26 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,759

I own one, a 1990 also but black. I bought it just over a year ago with 160,000 km on it and paid significantly more than that. I love the car but I've had a few minor issues with it. Depending on the problem, parts can be quite expensive but most things aren't too bad. Just don't buy from the dealer if you don't have to. That's not always an option since there is so few of the cars. For example, my driver's window cable assembly was bad... only available from the dealer for $300. For how much fun and different (rare) the car is, I think it's worth it. In the winter I drive on tires with 130 studs each. It's a very fun car.

The seats are great, compared to anything I've ever owned. A good site explaining common problems and fixes is www.20v.org
The site has a link to a 20 valve mailing list which was mentioned earlier.

Good luck!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:00 PM