Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.8 Questions for the masses
rick 918-S
post Sep 13 2021, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I was helping my old high school pal attempt to get a 1.8 running. The car is his daughters. She really wants to take it on her drivers test. May be even this week. We had some strange stuff occur.

The car was purchased at Auction. It had an engine fire due to a cracked clamp on the cold start valve. The fire consumed the center of the engine harness. Through the generosity of Betty and Clay they received a parts box at no charge. Thank you again you two!

I came into the picture when they had everything installed and we attempting to get it running.

Turned out they accidentally broke the inlet on the cold start. So I was lucky enough to source one from Jim Hoiland. Thank you Jim!

So with this install it would crank and barely run. Fuel pressure was at 40ish PSI. My friend Lowell smoke tested the intake system. All was tight.

Once we had it firing barely.. Lowell pulled the plug on the AFM and the car raced to life. Weird I know.

Pulled the plugs and notice #3-#4 were wet with Gas. #2 was dry like it never got fuel and #1 looked normal.

Lowell ordered a set of Injectors. We believe due to the process of elimination two of the injector were stuck open and one was stuck closed. Noid lighted all injectors that they are getting signal.

Any thoughts on the reason the car kept running with the AFM unplugged? Lowell thought possibly the injector that were stuck one were being siphoned allowing the engine to keep running.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:36 AM