Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strong Fuel Smell, Is it normal...
ClayPerrine
post Sep 16 2021, 09:34 AM
Post #21

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(rmital @ Sep 16 2021, 09:07 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2021, 08:10 PM) *

If not that, there is a charcoal venting system, which after 40 years has served its full life span. You can replace the charcoal, google that.

the charcoal venting system has been removed from car....but, was included in the purchase.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

Put it back on the car. It will definitely make a difference in the fuel smell. I even have it working on the 4.0L 964 motor with the 964 purge valve. No gas smell in my car. Someone removed it from the blue six. I have the parts to add it back.

Clay
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Sep 16 2021, 09:35 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

If your car is fuel injected, and you're comfortable starting it, I would pop the engine lid and grab a flashlight. You might have something as simple as a leaking injector, or more likely, a connection at the injector or fuel rail where the wrong type of clamp was used and worn/cut through the fuel line. Either way, if this is the case, you will be able to see the fuel pooling up on the tin beneath said injector or fuel rail. Just another place to look.

EDIT: Sorry...didn't read the "frunk" part....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:38 AM