Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How green are our 914s?, How can we reduce their carbon footprint to preserve the species?
Tdskip
post Oct 7 2021, 12:34 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

QUOTE(lesorubcheek @ Oct 7 2021, 01:28 PM) *

M
... and, even though personally I find many of these posts humorous, if it's truly the desire of admins to restrict gettin' political, half or more posts in this thread fit that description, yet have not been edited. Really gives a newcomer the feeling of a certain political bias around here.

Dan

Yeah, it’s all a big conspiracy by those in the shadows against conspiracy thinkers, you nailed it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Oct 7 2021, 12:37 PM
Post #82

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 7 2021, 02:34 PM) *

M
... and, even though personally I find many of these posts humorous, if it's truly the desire of admins to restrict gettin' political, half or more posts in this thread fit that description, yet have not been edited. Really gives a newcomer the feeling of a certain political bias around here.

Dan

Yeah, it’s all a big conspiracy by those in the shadows against conspiracy thinkers, you nailed it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
lesorubcheek
post Oct 7 2021, 12:52 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 25,463
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 7 2021, 01:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 7 2021, 02:34 PM) *

M

Dan

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) good one. As a new guy around here, just kinda like to know where the lines are drawn so I don't offend anyone. When ya see inconsistency, it makes feeling out the lines a bit more difficult.

Dan
+Quote Post
TomE
post Oct 7 2021, 12:55 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 23,839

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 7 2021, 10:53 AM) *

Texas happened because the Gas provider was on a program to reduce electricity use during peak times and the system automatically cut their power thus resulting in a supply shortage.

The problem in our world is nobody provides unbiased data. The highly promoted "news" is someone controlling the narrative.
That is correct. Texas also has their own grid and not tied into the eastern or western grid. That may have averted what happened but there are some who even question that. Texas would still benefit from being part of one of the grids. All I was trying to say is we do not have the capacity to go full electric in ten years.
+Quote Post
TomE
post Oct 7 2021, 01:02 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 23,839

QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 7 2021, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Arno914 @ Oct 7 2021, 12:44 AM) *

By the end of next year shutdown of the last remaining 6 nuklear power plants.

This is as close to politics as I care to go but I strongly believe the failure of the environmental community to acknowledge nuclear as an important part of the carbon emissions solution has dragged this crisis on longer than it should, and guaranteed greater environmental consequences. I like renewables (getting ready to put solar on our house), but there are no silver bullets here. Even renewables take their pound of flesh from the environment.

And our electric grid works just fine through Montana winters. The Texas fiasco was simply a failure to harden the system.

Ok last of any comments on this. That was an extreme drop in temperature and ERCOT being their own grid and not tied to the eastern or western grid could not handle it. Could it happen again? Yes. Not just in Texas.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Oct 7 2021, 05:27 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

QUOTE(TomE @ Oct 7 2021, 02:02 PM) *

Ok last of any comments on this. That was an extreme drop in temperature and ERCOT being their own grid and not tied to the eastern or western grid could not handle it. Could it happen again? Yes. Not just in Texas.

Absolutely, and anyone asserting this was a renewables-driven issue is ill informed, ignorant, or being deliberately misleading. None of those a virtue if you want to live in a functional democracy.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:00 PM