Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche will build Panamera Car
TravisNeff
post Jul 27 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

The look from the front quarter looks a helluva lot like a Pontiac Grand Prix. What cars with 4 doors competes with that (price and sportiness)? Not many and of those upper end cars, how many do they sell yearly?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Midtowner
post Jul 27 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #22

Ooooo!

Member No.: 3,316
Region Association: None

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jul 27 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #23

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (Scott Carlberg @ Jul 27 2005, 12:09 PM)
from what I've read about the Cayenne, Porsche used it's own money to develop the Cayenne, no outside resources/money was used.

Nope, Scott--VW also chipped in. That's why the Touareg is so similar to the Cayenne.

--DD
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jul 27 2005, 02:58 PM
Post #24

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE (mudfoot76 @ Jul 27 2005, 12:36 PM)
I think that is why you have a Toyota truck in the NASCAR truck series (it is mfg'd in southern Indiana) but no camry/avalon/whatever...

I've often wondered about that. The Camry is built in Kentucky. Sounds like it ought to be eligible for NASCAR racing. I think the sticking point may be the fact that Toyota doesn't build an OHV V-8, OHC's only.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jul 27 2005, 02:58 PM
Post #25

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

When are they coming out with an 18-wheeler to give Peterbuilt a run for the money?
Or an ATV?
Or a golf cart?
Or a boat?

P
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jul 27 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #26

"Ace" Mechanic

You mean like this?
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Jul 27 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #27

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 27 2005, 03:58 PM)
The Camry is built in Kentucky. Sounds like it ought to be eligible for NASCAR racing.

I didn't realize the camry was built in KY. The only reason I know about the truck is that it was all over the news when it entered that truck racing series. Now that I think about it, aren't the Honda Accord's built in Ohio? Subaru builds alot of stuff at the SIA facility in Lafayette, IN too...how about an OHV F-8 in the Legacy-nascar special edition (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif) yeeee-haw!!! *tobaccy spit*

Personally, I don't really care -- I just enjoy watching the road races. Big trucks at Hockenheim, superbikes on the TT, F1, whatever...if I want to watch things go around in a circle I'll watch the chariot race scene in Ben-Hur.
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jul 27 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #28

"Ace" Mechanic

I hear ya. I'll watch ALMS or the actual 24 Hours of Le Mans, but circle track racing doesn't excite me enough to drop whatever I'm doing to catch the whole race. I'll watch if I'm taking a break from working in a hot garage, though.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jul 27 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #29

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

Ok, those pictures bring more into the light... forget everything I ever said, that thing is the world's ugliest car ever made.. except for maybe the pininfarina 'enjoy'..

M
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jul 27 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #30

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Porsche will build a four-door car starting in 2009, the company announced Wednesday.

To be called the Panamera, the car will have four doors and four seats but will have a swooping, coupe-like profile. It will have a front-mounted engine driving the rear wheels. Pricing for the car, which is still under development, has not been announced.

The company expects to sell at least 20,000 Panameras per year, according to the announcement, which would make it the company's most popular model by far. Porsche is currently on track to sell about 9,600 Boxster sports cars this year, about 14,000 Cayenne SUVs and about 8,000 911 sports cars.

The Panamera has been rumored for several months and alleged "spy photos" of the car have been published on the Internet and in some publications.

The car, which will be created on an entirely new fundemental architecture, will be built solely by Porsche and will not involve a joint venture with any other company. The Porsche Cayenne SUV was created in cooperation with Volkswagen which sells its own version as the Volkswagen Touareg.

"The Panamera is a perfect fit for Porsche," said Dr. Wendelin Wiedeking, president and CEO of Porsche in a prepared statement.

"It has all the typical DNA characteristics of a genuine sports car," he said. "In terms of performance, design, and driving dynamics, it meets Porsche's high standards in every respect. Through this sports coupe we are making our customers a highly attractive offer in the top performance segment."

Porsche vehicles details and photos

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jul 27 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #31

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 27 2005, 01:51 PM)
The company expects to sell at least 20,000 Panameras per year...

Damn, I wanna get ahold of whatever they're smoking!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smoke.gif)

Let's see, their current best-seller--their cheapest model--is going at a rate of "about" 10,000 per year. They want to sell a car at almost triple the price of that one, and they think they'll sell twice as many?

Definitely some amazing hallucenogenics being consumed in Stuttgart this year!

--DD
+Quote Post
Pnambic
post Jul 27 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #32

Honk if you like obscene gestures!

Member No.: 546
Region Association: South East States

But we don't know what the asking price will be yet.
Maybe they're targeting the Honda Accord/Toyota Camry market and will price it in the low $20's... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
Pnambic
post Jul 27 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #33

Honk if you like obscene gestures!

Member No.: 546
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE (URY914 @ Jul 27 2005, 03:58 PM)
When are they coming out with an 18-wheeler to give Peterbuilt a run for the money?
Or an ATV?
Or a golf cart?
Or a boat?

P

Porsche Boat
Porsche Golf Cart
Porsche ATV?
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
maf914
post Jul 28 2005, 07:19 AM
Post #34

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 27 2005, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (mudfoot76 @ Jul 27 2005, 12:36 PM)
I think that is why you have a Toyota truck in the NASCAR truck series (it is mfg'd in southern Indiana) but no camry/avalon/whatever...

I've often wondered about that. The Camry is built in Kentucky. Sounds like it ought to be eligible for NASCAR racing. I think the sticking point may be the fact that Toyota doesn't build an OHV V-8, OHC's only.

But Toyota does build an OHV (pushrod) V-8, NASCAR approved, for the truck series. Next stop will probably be Nextel Cup. They have indicated that they will be out of the IRL after 2006 and all of the gossip indicates they will be going cup racing. Ya-hoo! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Okay, enough of that. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jul 28 2005, 08:51 AM
Post #35

"Ace" Mechanic

I guess we shouldn't expect the Panamera to sport an OHV engine so Porsche can go Cup racing too, huh? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:00 AM