Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Install racing shifter bushing without screws?
JoeSh
post Oct 22 2021, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,142
Region Association: Southern California

My firewall shifter bushing came apart in several pieces so I'm getting a new one. Going for the racing one that's Delrin but wondering about the screws. Is there a way to put them in that won't invite rust? Or perhaps I should just epoxy it in? Love to hear your thoughts!
Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 22 2021, 06:50 PM
Post #2

bdstone914

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(JoeSh @ Oct 22 2021, 03:41 PM) *

My firewall shifter bushing came apart in several pieces so I'm getting a new one. Going for the racing one that's Delrin but wondering about the screws. Is there a way to put them in that won't invite rust? Or perhaps I should just epoxy it in? Love to hear your thoughts!
Joe

Are using the firewall bushing make by Rix products? You could epoxy it in but hope you never have to remove it. You could probably make it stick with silicone rubber. I installed one and used pop rivets.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:39 PM