Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Realizing a Life-long Dream
ctc911ctc
post Oct 24 2021, 08:31 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,206
Region Association: North East States

As an EE to an EE I was at first sceptic as to the LED lights, then I found some 2x4's and centralized the power supply, (one supply could power 10+ panels and they provide one for every panel!) and put the whole shebang on RadioRA2 Lutron dimmer. Ahhhh.

Don't even think about incandescent, fluorescent, or any of the others....I have excellent light, warm color, even have a floor light (for the car when it is in the air) and there is no transformer buzzing, heat radiating.......very pleased with the results and the concept of LED.

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Oct 24 2021, 08:15 PM) *

I am an EE and this is right-on advice - 2 - 8' double lamp strip lights down each side of each bay end-to-end with 2' or 3' between the ends. As I built mine in 2012, I used HO commercial lights that are extra bright and come on at 0 degrees. Today get LED lights.

A nice addition would be one more 8' light at end of bay where you will do most of your engine work, perpendicular to the lights between the bays, just past the front bumper so it will light the engine bay. Extra $$$ tho.

GN

My own two cents worth is install a motion sensor light on the inside, pointing at the entry door. That way you'll always have light coming or going. Also, IMO lighting is best placed around the perimeter of a bay, rather than down the middle.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Oct 25 2021, 09:05 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Your going to have the best Christmas ever. Took me over 6 years to finish my 914-6 GT Tribute. The last two months driving have been a blast. Best, MarkAttached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Oct 25 2021, 09:20 AM
Post #23

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Very exciting! Having a dedicated place to tinker on toys is truly a dream.
+Quote Post
pfreiburger
post Oct 25 2021, 07:37 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 24,738
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mlindner @ Oct 25 2021, 10:05 AM) *

Your going to have the best Christmas ever. Took me over 6 years to finish my 914-6 GT Tribute. The last two months driving have been a blast. Best, MarkAttached Image Attached Image

Your 914 looks great, the black trim & wheel centers really work with that paint color. Maybe a road trip could happen some time, would love to see it in person. Paul
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 02:06 AM