Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Restoration questions, How much would this cost?
Gplracer
post Nov 24 2021, 12:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,442
Region Association: South East States

I have an opportunity to buy the 914 that I grew up with as a kid. My father sold it while I was in college. The owner repaired a dented fender and repainted the entire car. He put in on a carport with a cover and never did anything else. The carport is open but it has a concrete floor. This was 35 years ago. The car did not have hardly any rust. It has only 78K original miles. It is a 1973 1.7L. The interior is in really good shape. The car will need to have the tired engine rebuilt. It will also need new brakes and tires at a minimum. The car was running when it was parked but the engine had become weak.

My question is what kind of cost do you think I am looking at to get this up and running? I would like a reliable engine with a little more power. I realize you have not seen the car and there are always extra costs. I would have someone do the engine work. I can probably do the brakes. I have restored some bikes but never a car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:55 AM