Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trying to pay it forward – friends 914 is popping out fourth and fifth gear
Tdskip
post Nov 24 2021, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

First of all best wishes for a great Thanksgiving tomorrow, and for those in the rest of the world forgive us if we’re a bit sluggish on our keyboards tomorrow due to food induced comas.

I’m trying to help a friend out with a new to him 914 that came with a vague description of transmission problems. The gearbox was super sloppy so we got the car in the air and I explained to him how important it was that it had fresh in correct bushings and set screws in the linkage so we took it all apart and put new parts in and adjusted the shift pattern. The good news is that the gearbox was transformed in the shift action, just as you would expect it to be, and we can get reversed, first, second, third cleanly but fourth and fifth keep popping out of gear. You can find the slot for fourth and fifth but it just won’t stay in gear gear. Reverse through 3rd are in the normal place with the gear lever, so I don’t think I’ve got the rod misaligned.

I checked the clutch tube and I don’t think we’re getting movement on that, so I am getting that sick to my stomach feeling that it’s an internal to the box issue..

Any ideas or suggestions on something that I may be missing?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 AM