Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche-Rimac-Bugatti, "The Dusk of the Automobile Era"
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 29 2021, 12:17 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

What to make of this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/29/cars/mate-ri...kers/index.html

"Two major automakers, Hyundai and Porsche, became big investors in Rimac Automobili. Neither would discuss their work with Rimac with CNN Business. Porsche, though, was instrumental in bringing together RImac and Porsche's sister brand Bugatti. Porsche now owns 45% of Bugatti-Rimac."
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Nov 29 2021, 12:25 PM
Post #2

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Electric cars are a thing now. Rimac has good tech that Porsche and Hyundai want.

Porsche makes more sense then Hyundai here, but tech is tech.

Zach
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Nov 29 2021, 12:26 PM
Post #3

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481

I like it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) 1914 horsepower.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 29 2021, 01:20 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 29 2021, 10:17 AM) *

What to make of this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/29/cars/mate-ri...kers/index.html

"Two major automakers, Hyundai and Porsche, became big investors in Rimac Automobili. Neither would discuss their work with Rimac with CNN Business. Porsche, though, was instrumental in bringing together RImac and Porsche's sister brand Bugatti. Porsche now owns 45% of Bugatti-Rimac."

Ford owns 12% of Rivian.

Keep you friends close but keep your enemies closer.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Nov 29 2021, 01:24 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

The Dusk of the Automobile Era (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Nov 29 2021, 01:31 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 24,781

Well good for them, I hope it works out. I was around the last time some auto makers thought electric was a good idea. Non-explosive batteries will be a big step forward, I'd put my money on the Germans to figure that one out.
+Quote Post
Van B
post Nov 29 2021, 01:37 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 26,011

It's important to remind everyone, even as this may come across as political, that the #1 and #3 Lithium mining companies are wholly owned by China. The #5 presents itself as Australian but is 49% Chinese owned. Those big three alone account for a $70B market cap in the mining industry. For perspective, that is more than the remainder market cap of the top 20 lithium mining companies.

What's more, the Objections to the Paris Climate accords that were so highly politicized are due to the fact that China, yet again, was allowed "developing nation" status. That in effect exempts them from any environmental requirements contained within the accords.
Why does that matter? Well, it allows them (Communist Party of China) to out-compete with any developed nation and continue to steal away market share due to lower costs of production thanks to their freedom to pollute at their leisure. Make no mistake, there is no such thing as private industry in China, EVERYTHING is an extension of the CPC.

This push for electrification, will hand over control of a global market to a country that is actively engaged in all kinds of unsavory things.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 29 2021, 02:05 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(Shivers @ Nov 29 2021, 11:31 AM) *

Well good for them, I hope it works out. I was around the last time some auto makers thought electric was a good idea. Non-explosive batteries will be a big step forward, I'd put my money on the Germans to figure that one out.

Already happened(ing). Porsche uses a glycol bath to cool and insulate and runs at a higher voltage. The big one will be the solid state batteries on the common platform VW is working on. My understanding is that this will be used on the new Macan eventually. There is an article on the whole EV's VW/Porsche group in Pano. Really good article.

Also:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1131670...rformance-cells
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Nov 29 2021, 04:09 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 24,781

That is good, because I keep reading about stuff like this. I had my house catch fire with me in it, I limped out the door with fire on my tail. FIRE BAD! (lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M66mQegr-Jc
+Quote Post
trick-e
post Nov 29 2021, 07:06 PM
Post #10

Still Learning

Member No.: 14,644
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Shivers @ Nov 29 2021, 02:31 PM) *

Ahhh, the Lohrner-Porsche?Attached Image
+Quote Post
mate914
post Nov 30 2021, 08:36 AM
Post #11

Matt

Member No.: 10,102
Region Association: North East States

I'm surprised that they did not take your words down... Truth now a days is called political and their for it can be controlled.

Matt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

QUOTE(Van B @ Nov 29 2021, 02:37 PM) *

It's important to remind everyone, even as this may come across as political, that the #1 and #3 Lithium mining companies are wholly owned by China. The #5 presents itself as Australian but is 49% Chinese owned. Those big three alone account for a $70B market cap in the mining industry. For perspective, that is more than the remainder market cap of the top 20 lithium mining companies.

What's more, the Objections to the Paris Climate accords that were so highly politicized are due to the fact that China, yet again, was allowed "developing nation" status. That in effect exempts them from any environmental requirements contained within the accords.
Why does that matter? Well, it allows them (Communist Party of China) to out-compete with any developed nation and continue to steal away market share due to lower costs of production thanks to their freedom to pollute at their leisure. Make no mistake, there is no such thing as private industry in China, EVERYTHING is an extension of the CPC.

This push for electrification, will hand over control of a global market to a country that is actively engaged in all kinds of unsavory things.

+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Nov 30 2021, 09:40 AM
Post #12

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(mate914 @ Nov 30 2021, 09:36 AM) *

I'm surprised that they did not take your words down... Truth now a days is called political and their for it can be controlled.

Matt (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

The post was borderline. I let it walk. Are you going to go and push us over the edge?
Lets not and say we did, ok?

Zach
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Nov 30 2021, 10:11 AM
Post #13

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Stay calm and maintain low tones.
+Quote Post
branston
post Nov 30 2021, 10:15 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 15,053
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Shivers @ Nov 29 2021, 03:31 PM) *

Goodness exploding batteries, who has that issue? with 189,500 gas engine fires in the US in 2019, I'll take my chances driving my Tesla 1000 miles a week (90k miles in two years) Even with the plastic lines in the tunnel replaced with stainless, my 914 still has a fire extinguisher in handy reach,

Oh and the USA is already the world leader in battery technology
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:19 AM