Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Replacing inner CV boot, OEM perished part is factory crimped into housing
DaveO90s4
post Nov 30 2021, 02:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,935
Region Association: None

Hi all,

My inner rear CV boots are perished, so I've removed the axles and am ready to install new inner boots. The OEM perished boots are held in pace at the CV end by being crimped into the housing plate. The boots that I have bought do not come with a housing plate. Have I bought the wrong part (ie without an attached housing plate) or is there some clever way of getting the remnants of the OEM boot out of the crimped housing and securely installing my new rubber boots into that same housing?

1975 1.8

Thanks in advance.

DaveO
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Nov 30 2021, 07:27 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Short answer is no. Boots now sold are for very early 911/912 axle. Some one in the parts department says they fit. Only replacement boot is the 6 bolt VW Bug one.They some times sling grease out because of the two holes that are open to the roll pin location.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:20 PM