Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Johnny Rutherford, Rick Mears and more history, from speaking with former owners of my '75!
Rick986
post Dec 1 2021, 04:09 PM
Post #1

0-60 in 14 seconds!

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,869
Region Association: Upper MidWest

* edited with the Rick Mears info!

Since my car is currently tucked away for the winter, I did some Googlin' and tracked down the then-fiancé of the 2nd owner of my '75 today. His name was on the purchase receipt I got with the car as the sales manager at the dealership. He sold it to her when it was only two years old in 1977. He now owns a high-end Porsche/exotic dealership.

Got the history on original owner in '75 - young man that died prematurely so family traded it back to the dealer. The manager found it too nice to sell and convinced the GF to buy it. They enjoyed the car through the late 70's/early 80's. It was the 1st car he ever drove in an event at Lime Rock (he does a lot of racing now). She was also an accomplished driver of primarily Fiat X1/9's. The Porsche was only driven on sunny weekends (hence, no rust) and an occasional rally. They enjoyed the hell out of it.

She went on to marry somebody else and the 914 went with her. Unfortunately, she passed away very young too. I had a conversation with him a few weeks ago. He put the car away for about 10 years and finally consigned it this year...which is where I got it. I'm owner #3 with just 51,000 original miles and a great historical record!

Here's a few pix of her at a IMSA event at Watkins Glen with Johnny Rutherford and Rick Mears and the car at a show in the early 80's. Thought you might enjoy...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:35 AM