Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It all started with..., You're never really done.
914Mels
post Dec 3 2021, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,221
Region Association: Southern California

It all started with a bad noise from the alternator and a flickering alt light. Pulling the alternator in the car is not my idea of fun, plus the clutch has been chattering for a while too. Can't be too bad, we haven't put a ton of miles on the car since it was last gone through. Ha Ha. Got the engine and transaxle out, other than the left cv not coming loose from the axle flange, things dropped right out. Bruce @ BD Stone sent me an alternator, 914 rubber supplied the cooling boot for the alternator along with engine compartment seals, air intake boot and many other small pieces. The cv's got packed, all the shift bushings replaced, the shift rod to the trans got welded up on some worn spots, oil seals galore, fuel hoses, accel cable, positive battery cable, injector wiring repaired, the clutch ended up just having oil on the disc so the rest was cleaned and reused. I had tried to order all the things needed up front but each day a new gremlin would surface. Was it worth it? Yup, did a shake down run today after readjusting the shifter. The clutch is smooth, the alternator is alternating and the shifter is down to it's normal vague feel. Now, on to front control arm bushings, stainless fuel lines, seat upholstery and trunk weather strips. Good thing I'm semi retired.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:04 PM