Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel filter fuel smell
Medtner3
post Dec 4 2021, 08:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,467
Region Association: None

I have a fuel odor very slight for months . this a.m. I sniffed the entire car the only odor is right at the fuel filter. It is a square plastic fuel filter with one very large side and one small side .

Is there a better fuel filter out there without changing hose sizes or is that it? I would prefer a metal fuel filter housing
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Dec 4 2021, 09:15 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 24,781
Region Association: Southern California

Is the filter leaking? These cars changed over the years from the factory, and with different owners. The fabric lines like to seep, the fuel tank lines are famous for it. Where is the filter located? Pics man, pics
+Quote Post
Medtner3
post Dec 4 2021, 03:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 24,467
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Shivers @ Dec 4 2021, 09:15 AM) *

Is the filter leaking? These cars changed over the years from the factory, and with different owners. The fabric lines like to seep, the fuel tank lines are famous for it. Where is the filter located? Pics man, pics

There is a fuel odor from it. it is under the car mounted under the gravel guard cover thing that shields the master cylinder

I have drained the gas out to make ready for a new plastic one from Pelican Parts which is getting delivered Monday.

It definitely smells there . I also have a new cloth hose just in case the fuel got on the cloth which would make that smell too .

I wrapped the filter in a charcoal filter for a few days and zip tied it and now that charcoal wrap stinks like fuel, too. I could not see any damage whatsoever on this fuel filter but that is definitely where I have a gas odor .

Sorry I did not take any relevant pictures when I was under the car

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:11 AM