Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB Weltmeister Lower pivot & plate, Short shifter parts for Late shifter
Cairo94507
post Dec 21 2021, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Hi all- Well after being without Internet for 8 days (thanks a lot Sudden Link) I am back and looking for a Weltmeister Short Shifter lower pivot and plate to go with my newly installed late stock shifter. So all you guys who yanked them out and went with the Renn Shifter, let me know you if you want to sell your Weltmeister part.
Thanks and Merry Christmas-
Michael (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 21 2021, 07:54 PM
Post #2

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Early or late shifter?
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 22 2021, 07:05 AM
Post #3

Michael

OOOOPPPs- it is a side-shifter.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 22 2021, 11:01 AM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Plate? As in the 1st/R detent?
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 22 2021, 03:30 PM
Post #5

Michael

Sorry, I can't answer that question. I likely won't know that until the shop re-opens after New Years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Dec 23 2021, 01:14 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684

The short shift kit has a cast aluminum plate/spacer that goes between the shifter base and the tunnel, it is about 15mm thick I think.
I have a couple of shift levers and plate/spacers out in the shed but I am on the way out of town in the morning. I'll post some pictures when I have the time.

Michael are you in Auburn yet? I'm in and out over the holidays but I am normally in Carmichael.

Jim
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 23 2021, 06:45 AM
Post #7

Michael

OK, I have the late shifter in my car. Jim- Yes we are in Auburn now and loving it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 5 2022, 09:17 AM
Post #8

Michael

Still hoping to find one of these for my car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Literati914
post Jan 5 2022, 10:11 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Dec 23 2021, 01:14 AM) *

I have a couple of shift levers and plate/spacers out in the shed but I am on the way out of town in the morning. I'll post some pictures when I have the time.

Jim
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 5 2022, 09:17 AM) *

Still hoping to find one of these for my car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I have a plate and was hoping to find the rest… so if Jim @jcd914 has extra parts we can both use - then let’s get Jim some money and both be happy. Otherwise I’ll sell you my plate to complete your set-up @Cairo94507 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 5 2022, 12:40 PM
Post #10

Michael

QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jan 5 2022, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Dec 23 2021, 01:14 AM) *

Jim
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 5 2022, 09:17 AM) *

I have a plate and was hoping to find the rest… so if Jim @jcd914 has extra parts we can both use - then let’s get Jim some money and both be happy. Otherwise I’ll sell you my plate to complete your set-up @Cairo94507 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I am down for whatever gets us the parts we need. I replied to Jim and gave him my email hoping he will be able to find the parts and send me pictures to confirm they are what we need.
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Jan 7 2022, 12:36 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684

@Literati914
@Cairo94507

Sorry I have not had the time to dig out the shifters from the shed, I spent a little time today but there is too much in the way for easy access right now.
Unfortunately just before WCR an animal made a mess in the shed and I had to drag everything out to clean the shed. We then had some rain and I had to quickly put ir all back in. To top that off 3 days after WCR I had work done on my garage and had to tear out a set of 4 2ft x 8ft shelve full of mostly 914 parts that went into the shed.

So I have to pull out some of the stuff in the shed to get to the box the shifter parts are in.

I did find a picture from when I cleaned out the shed, it shows 1 assembled short shifter for a side shift trans with a spacer.

In the picture there is also more assembled stock chrome shifter, 1 stock chrome lever and 2 black short shift levers but these are all for tail shift trans.

Weather looks promising (mostly dry) for this weekend, probably good for a drive too.

So I'll dig these out over the weekend and post some pictures.

Thanks
Jim

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Shivers
post Jan 7 2022, 07:04 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 24,781
Region Association: Southern California

I am making my 72 a side shift. I already have the earlier short shift kit, was thinking of grinding the sides of the ball flat, drill a hole to mount it to the second piece. Ha, with my budget I need to grow rubber trees, I'll post if it works
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 7 2022, 09:36 AM
Post #13

Michael

@jcd914 Thanks. Looks promising. Please send the pother pictures when you can. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Literati914
post Jan 7 2022, 11:47 AM
Post #14

@jcd914
@Cairo94507

Thanks Jim for going to the trouble, much appreciated. Sounds like that one assembled unit in your picture would do.. spacer and pivot for Cairo and spring arrangement for me.. but you guys figure it out - I mean you might want to do one transaction, one shipment? Whatever works and gets Cairo what he needs first, I'm good with. Thanks again.

+Quote Post
Literati914
post Jan 7 2022, 01:49 PM
Post #15

I dug my weltmeister item out today.. I’ve had this stuff for years now and actually thought there was more to it. What I think I was remembering was getting a shifter with the weltmeister plate. Looking at it now, I guess that what I have must just be a standard oem shifter and just the weltmeister plate. So I’m kind of unsure on what all comes with the weltmeister kit besides the plate. There’s supposed to be a shifter rod and spring, but is there anything else? Here’s what I have (only some mounting bolts in the bag):

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jan 7 2022, 02:38 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,023

QUOTE(Shivers @ Jan 7 2022, 05:04 AM) *

I am making my 72 a side shift. I already have the earlier short shift kit, was thinking of grinding the sides of the ball flat, drill a hole to mount it to the second piece. Ha, with my budget I need to grow rubber trees, I'll post if it works

@Shivers That would probably work although at a reduced side bearing surface. You might want to measure the distance between the half sphere to the hole on a side shifter as the whole bottom section might be longer on the side than it is on the tail. Or you could also weld a new piece at the end of your tail shifter. I was exploring that option with a cheap Mustang shifter that has the springs to bring the shifter back in the middle (2-3) plane. Plenty of options when you start to be creative! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Jan 7 2022, 04:52 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jan 7 2022, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Shivers @ Jan 7 2022, 05:04 AM) *

@Shivers That would probably work although at a reduced side bearing surface. You might want to measure the distance between the half sphere to the hole on a side shifter as the whole bottom section might be longer on the side than it is on the tail. Or you could also weld a new piece at the end of your tail shifter. I was exploring that option with a cheap Mustang shifter that has the springs to bring the shifter back in the middle (2-3) plane. Plenty of options when you start to be creative! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Some good stuff, thank you once I grind it, I guess I could hard face it and grind, file and sand it smooth on the sides. Worth a try, I have a side shifter to use as a template. If it doesn't work I have a stock one.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 11 2022, 04:29 PM
Post #18

Michael

OK, I was able to source a brand new Weltmeister kit from one of our members. Thank you Van. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Jan 11 2022, 09:55 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 11 2022, 02:29 PM) *

OK, I was able to source a brand new Weltmeister kit from one of our members. Thank you Van. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Could you post a picture please (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 12 2022, 09:48 AM
Post #20

Michael

Here you go:

Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:58 AM