Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Injector flow test FAIL ?, Troubleshooting lean condition
emerygt350
post Jan 14 2022, 08:42 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Jan 14 2022, 09:03 PM) *

Low idle vacuum is likely a timing problem or undiscovered vacuum leak. Also, do you have the correct 123 Distributor that is set up to run with Djet? Not all the 123 Dizzys are compatible with Djet. You could be running on the cold start injector only if the 123 Dizzy is not sending the correct pulse signal to your ECU to fire the injectors.

Low fuel pressure could be a kinked rubber fuel line hose (or metal pipe) somewhere in the fuel system between the tank and the engine; or a faulty fuel pressure regulator that is stuck slightly open and sending a lot of the gas back to the tank.

Failure of fuel pump to run long enough is going to be a wiring (or internal ignition switch failure) or an ECU problem.

Very interesting! I didn't even consider the chance of a dizzy mismatch. I assume he was measuring pressure at the normal fitting so that should catch any of those issues I think. If the regulator was dumping it back to the tank the pressure at the nipple would drop. I know a good test would have to be under load (omg don't get me started with this crap on ford CFI systems) but even without load the engine has issues so if it were pressure problems, you would see it.

I really like your idea on the dizzy though. Easy to check.

Something else that might be interesting to try (and easy, perhaps you already mentioned trying it) would be jack your fuel pressure way up. I have had my regulator all the way up to 50 psi just to test out stuff (some dufus put a 1.7 injector in a 2.0). If nothing changes or barely changes, I would really start to pursue the computer/dizzy side. The injectors are not firing enough or long enough.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim-c
post Jan 16 2022, 05:54 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 26,090
Region Association: South East States

Here’s an update /solution for my problem. I pulled the injectors and tested the output on the bench. Amazon sells an injector triggering device for 30.00 . My injectors were 80 percent clogged from sitting, i guess. I flushed out little bits of rubber. I got the car started and it idles.

My sincere thanks to everyone that replied.
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Jan 16 2022, 06:01 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 10,753

QUOTE(jim-c @ Jan 16 2022, 06:54 PM) *

Here’s an update /solution for my problem. I pulled the injectors and tested the output on the bench. Amazon sells an injector triggering device for 30.00 . My injectors were 80 percent clogged from sitting, i guess. I flushed out little bits of rubber. I got the car started and it idles.

My sincere thanks to everyone that replied.

@Van B At-home injector flow testing? Measures flow or just squirts? Probably the latter.
+Quote Post
emerygt350
post Jan 16 2022, 06:22 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25,740

That is great. Post the link for the tester!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:44 PM