Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.8 Fuel injectors
JamesJ
post Jan 14 2022, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,202
Region Association: Northern California

Hello All,
I need to replace a couple of leaky injectors on my '74 1.8 and wondered if anyone has used an aftermarket injector with success/failure or heard of anyone who has. A knowledgeable friend recommended that I stick with NOS Bosch. Stoddard sells injectors and the salesperson told me that their part number supercedes the Bosch number, but I am unsure about that and they were unable to tell me who manufacturers them or the country of origin.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
James
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ClayPerrine
post Jan 15 2022, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

I would put new injectors in the car. Running anything that carries gasoline that is 50 years old is a risk. New injectors, hoses, stainless steel lines, and the proper clamps are cheap insurance against a fire.

As for fire... Been there, done that. Watching your 914 burn is the stuff of nightmares.

Just my $.02.

Clay
+Quote Post
Van B
post Jan 15 2022, 12:15 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 15 2022, 10:52 AM) *

I would put new injectors in the car. Running anything that carries gasoline that is 50 years old is a risk. New injectors, hoses, stainless steel lines, and the proper clamps are cheap insurance against a fire.

As for fire... Been there, done that. Watching your 914 burn is the stuff of nightmares.

Just my $.02.

Clay

We’ll that was dramatic lol! I decided to go the new injector route too, but I’ve also had great success in rebuilding injectors. As such, I’m going to test my old ones as soon as the come off the car. If they still exceed the minimum 2.4 ohm threshold, I may have my old ones rebuilt and hang onto them for a while.

For @StarBear record purposes. All the new injectors I bought tested at 2.6 ohms. Manual says 2.4 as the min passable score.

Van
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:10 AM