Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V « < 22 23 24  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Red Rocks Classic 2022 - Sept. 15-18, The Premier Porsche 914 event in the Red Rocks West comes to Salt Lake City!
burton73
post Nov 7 2022, 06:47 PM
Post #461

burton73

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 19 2022, 08:00 AM) *

Fun Fact; Bob Burtons arm sling is event T-Shirts..

Fun Fact: It has taken this long for me to get MRI and approval and I am going into Cedars for a rebuild on my left shoulder rotator cuff and I'm going to be down and out for the count for several weeks.

Hope to see you all very soon

Best Bob B Burton

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 7 2022, 08:02 PM
Post #462

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Member No.: 17,942

That is a long wait, sorry to hear it took that long. Take care Bob and hope all goes well for you with the surgery.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Nov 8 2022, 07:57 PM
Post #463

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Best wishes for your surgery and rehab (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Good news is you’ll be able to drive your -6 without pain or having to be a passenger. Keep the faith !
+Quote Post
burton73
post Nov 8 2022, 08:45 PM
Post #464

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 8 2022, 05:57 PM) *

Best wishes for your surgery and rehab (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Good news is you’ll be able to drive your -6 without pain or having to be a passenger. Keep the faith !

things didn't go too good today as far as them being able to do repair because there was so much damage, the doctor said arthritis was so bad that it had shredded the muscles at the rotator cuff so he cleaned out bone spurs and arthritis. They did a nerve block on the arm, so I won't feel anything on the arm or 24 hours. Thursday and we'll know possibilities of what we can do I believe that i may need a completely new shoulder. that is a question, but hey I'm alive. They only had me set for a 2 hour time slot and had to do more operations the same day. I am sure that the next fix is going to take a long time as far as hours goes.

best regards Bob

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Nov 8 2022, 09:18 PM
Post #465

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

Hope that you can recover as best towards 100% on the surgery. In 2020, Dr. Golden (CSMG) did my corrective rotator cuff surgery, and their follow up p/t on San Vincente Bl. got me back to 95% strength.
Dwight was my p/t, approx 12 visits, combined with my home workouts.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/number40_914.jpg)
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Nov 8 2022, 11:04 PM
Post #466

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 8 2022, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 8 2022, 05:57 PM) *

things didn't go too good today as far as them being able to do repair because there was so much damage, the doctor said arthritis was so bad that it had shredded the muscles at the rotator cuff so he cleaned out bone spurs and arthritis. They did a nerve block on the arm, so I won't feel anything on the arm or 24 hours. Thursday and we'll know possibilities of what we can do I believe that i may need a completely new shoulder. that is a question, but hey I'm alive. They only had me set for a 2 hour time slot and had to do more operations the same day. I am sure that the next fix is going to take a long time as far as hours goes.

best regards Bob

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)

Damn Bob, that doesn't sound like the preferred scenario...but know the doctors know exactly what they're looking at so it's not all bad news. If you need a complete replacement, that's easier than some repairs. They didn't want to do a complete replacement on mine even though it looked nasty...I wasn't quite to that point yet. I asked, why the hell not?? I would've gone with one to eliminate doing it in 10 years when my recovery would've been longer and more uncomfortable. I'm sure you trust your doctors and so do I...whatever they decide, make sure they show you all of the evidence and rehab you'll need before the work is done. I know you will...all I'm doing is reinforcing what you already know. Best of luck!
+Quote Post

24 Pages V « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:55 PM