Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Preparing D-Jet for my '76 914, D-Jet
DRPHIL914
post Feb 18 2022, 09:20 AM
Post #21

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 18 2022, 10:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Feb 18 2022, 08:11 AM) *

Rob -

WOW! Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Truly 914world is the greatest bunch of people on the planet! And you Rob are an example. Seems "Thank You!" just isn't enough.

I'll take you up on this once I've got the 2.0 running well again and proven to be still solid internally.

No problem, glad to help. I've received a ton of help and generosity here over the years. Just let me know when you think you're ready.

So I'm assuming it has the contacts for the ECU? Dumb question I know - D-Jet can't run without them.........

Yes, this is a D-Jet 123 Dizzy. It has two leads that connect to the D-jet wiring harness. It's very straightforward. You just have to decide which of the preset curves to use and then install. Installation can be a little tricky, admittedly. But once it's in, it's solid.

@Gaternapper
@BeatNavy

This is what i am running now too, and have for the past 3 years or so since the first group buy for 123, i think i got it same time Rob got his. no more points no more FI trigger points plate, I do have my OEM distribuitor that i keep as a spare back up, that has the compufire module and a NOS FI trigger plate( i think i have 3 of those stuffed away for good keeping) i think its good to keep the OEM orginal parts around.
FYI these non-blue tooth units can be modified and have that added by the company if you wanted it converted over, its a couple hundred $$ to do so, i decided its not worth it for the OEM motor, but i might consider it if i leave it in the 2.1 and make a move to different aftemarket injection at somee point on this motor. For now i get in and drive and dont mess with it, the Djet is tuned up good. I am leaving some HP on the table not having better flow and intake and could get more out of it with programable FI or carbs but i dont have the $$ for that right now. I would say on your stock oem motor, keep it simple for now too.
If you needed a OEM distributor for a bit when you go to get it all put on the car and are ready to fire it up let me know, i could send it up to you, but a fairly new 123 would be a great way to go.

hope your loss of power issue was nothing major.

Phil
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Feb 20 2022, 08:11 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

Thank you Rob.

Really good news.

Ok, first I need to get the 14 on the lift and adjust the valves - hoping that solves my engine problems. May be a couple weeks before I can get to that for a number of reasons.

Hoping my engine internals are ok. Not sure right now.

Will keep you posted.

GN

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 18 2022, 10:07 AM) *

Rob -

WOW! Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Truly 914world is the greatest bunch of people on the planet! And you Rob are an example. Seems "Thank You!" just isn't enough.

I'll take you up on this once I've got the 2.0 running well again and proven to be still solid internally.

No problem, glad to help. I've received a ton of help and generosity here over the years. Just let me know when you think you're ready.

So I'm assuming it has the contacts for the ECU? Dumb question I know - D-Jet can't run without them.........

Yes, this is a D-Jet 123 Dizzy. It has two leads that connect to the D-jet wiring harness. It's very straightforward. You just have to decide which of the preset curves to use and then install. Installation can be a little tricky, admittedly. But once it's in, it's solid.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 01:19 AM