Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - Migration to Linux, Anyone else using Linux day to day?
Superhawk996
post Feb 26 2022, 10:43 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

My 2012 era Windows desktop went poof last week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

I've been fortunate to have saved all my personal documents and 914 restoration photo history between a combination of rescue from the system hard drive, backup hard drives and iCloud.

In the mean time, I'm on-line running Linux Ubuntu off an even older 2010 AMD vintage quad core processor. Did I mention I like the challenge of keeping vintage crap working (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Currently weighing the possibility of just breaking down and buying a new desktop but certainly not before I try a few more fixes on my 2012 desktop. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) It would really distress me to migrate to Windows 10/11 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

Has anyone else here completely migrated to Linux and living day to day off of it successfully? Open to websites, links, books, or tribal wisdom about how to make a long term go of this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:29 AM