Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Intermittent Alternator Light
yeahmag
post Mar 21 2022, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

Got a strange one... Alternator light started flickering on my way to this weekends autocross. This was on the highway at steady rpm of around 4K. I hadn't seen it flicker like this before: sometimes on dim, sometimes on for a few seconds at a time, sometimes flickering.

I figured I'd just carry on and hope I could make it through the event. As I pulled off the freeway on to surface streets the light went off and didn't come back on for the duration of the event. Packed up and headed home and only had a brief flicker or two while on the highway. I've never seen it come on while on surface streets or at idle.

I figured I'd check the alternator for AC voltage (failed diode) and maybe change the belt (which I personally run on the loose side and is probably aging out). Anything else I should look for? Almost feels like a marginal VR, but I've never had one fail in this way.

Thanks!

-Aaron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:14 PM