Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rennshifter Shaft Length, Std or 2 Inch Longer
motorvated
post Apr 28 2022, 01:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,519
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Getting ready to pull the trigger on buying a Rennshifter for the side shift transaxle of my race car. I notice that they can be ordered with either standard length or 2-inch longer shaft. Any preferences from the other racers out there. The standard length stock shifter that I have been racing with seems to be located in a comfortable position, but the 2-inch longer shaft might place the shift knob just a little higher and closer to the steering wheel for an ever so slightly quicker grab. Opinions welcome. Mike S.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 28 2022, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Hi Motorvated - Not a racer, but a long time owner of 914-6's and also had the RennShifter for the side-shifter in my 6. I liked the taller shifter. It puts the handle right where you want it, closer to the wheel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 06:40 PM