Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New 914 Owner
ogdougy
post Jan 13 2024, 09:17 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,536
Region Association: Southwest Region

Finally got it driving over the Christmas break. Put in a Tangerine Racing firewall shift rod bushing and rebuilt the pedal with all new bronze bushing. New accelerator pedal and cable. Fixed my Pertronix Dist. With everything "hopefully" done i put in all the new carpet in as well. Aslo got my self a new MOMO Prototipo Heritage.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.imgur.com-26536-1705202230.1.jpg)

The rest of the interior can get done later and not necessary. But seat OBVIOUSLY need to be re-done. The back pad needs to be redone as well since there are two giant holes in it. Door cards need to be replaced since PO put speaking in them.

Radio needs to be fixed and speakers need to be put in.

Gauges need to be finished. Current set-up is my arduino on a bread board displaying on a little OLED screen. I have the design to make my own stepper motor gauges. Will have Oil Pressure, Oil Temp , and Cyldiner head Temp displayed.

However I have been driving it a good amount. Got about 350 miles on the new motor. Been super happy with it.
Final motor settings.
2056cc
8.6:1 comp
C25 Cam
1.8 Cylinder heads with 44mm intake and 36mm exhaust
44mm HPMX
60 idle jet
F11 emulsion
200 air correct
155 main (getting this in close. May step a jet size down still)

Holds a great idle @ ~950 RPM. Pulls great from 3000-6000 RPM.

Cruising on the freeway my cylinder head temps stay between 296-325 F. This is driving between 60-75 MPH. Also in the dead middle of winter so this is the coolest it will be.

Nice little 2-3 gear pull on an empty road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB449vb_i-8
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 04:44 PM