Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Best way to sell my 1974 914, Sold this car for $20,000
thamm
post May 20 2022, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,143
Region Association: South East States

I SOLD THE CAR FOR $20,000.

I am planning to sell my Silver 1974 914 2 liter Porche. I live in Cary, North Carolina. I would really appreciate any advice you can give me about the best way to sell it. I drove my 914 to work and for pleasure from about 1980 to 2005. Then I left it in my garage without starting it until late last year when I decided to sell it. I bought new tires, a new battery, new spark plugs, changed the oil, changed the oil strainer, changed the oil filter, and changed the fuel filter. The car is in good condition but has the following problems: 1. The car started but runs roughly and tends to die and then is difficult to restart. I drove the car around the neighborhood and everything works but the engine needs at least cleaning up and tuning. 2. One engine deck lid hinge is broken (I have the new hinge but have not had it welded onto the car). 2. The passenger seat upholstery needs to be replaced. 3. There are a three chipped areas in the paint. 4. The car does not seem to have the serious rust problems like many 914's listed online.

I would like to sell it to someone who plans to restore it so I am hesitant to do any restoration since I am not competent to do it and the new owner will want to do that anyway. Does that make sense? Should I try to sell it on ebay or autotrader or something like that?

Anything you can suggest to help me will be greatly appreciated.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:07 PM