Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> turn signal switch
jmargush
post May 20 2022, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,176

need to buy a new turn signal switch but have run across a few questions.

I had a spare one but there are some differences form the one that was in the car.

the wire connector that goes along the bottom of the column is wider than one that was in the car so it won't slide in.

So figured I would buy a new one,.

When I look for a new one it looks like it doesn't include the wiper switch.

any one have experience with how this works, do you have to dismantle what you took out of the car and fit a new turn signal switch into the assembly or are the pictures on the webpages just not accurate?

recommended sources for a switch? not totally trusting of the pictures i see on sites especially when looking for minor differences
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lierofox
post May 20 2022, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 18,880
Region Association: Southern California

The wiper and turn signal switches are two separate assemblies stacked on top of each other using some small metal tubes that pass through both (the holes that the screws pass through for holding it on the steering column), the wiring harnesses guides just lightly clip together. There's also some differences between the early 70-71 and 72-76 assemblies.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
scallyk9
post May 20 2022, 09:58 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,499
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just switched out mine for a SWF NOS one on one of my 914s, after forgetting that I had a new repro one in storage and came across it a month later. If you are interested in my new spare, please PM me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:56 AM