Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S.Ontario Canada, local to me 914s
HaraPuzo
post May 23 2022, 07:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,187
Region Association: Canada

hello,
my name is Orest.
I'm curious to know who on this site is in my area.
Southern Ontario Canada.
I'm in Hamilton.
I met Charles a few days ago. (not sure what his handle on this site is) he's got a teener that he showed me.
mentioned there's a fella in Brantford who has quite a few bits and pieces, plus cars too.
anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.
ps. still looking ,a bit late, for my first 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Garland
post May 23 2022, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Restoration Fanatic

Member No.: 1,535
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Here’s the link to your group,SIG914 I Ontario. Great group of guys who before Covid I could cross the border and enjoy some of their wonderful events.

Click here
+Quote Post
davep
post May 23 2022, 06:04 PM
Post #3

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244

I am in Burford, just west of Brantford, and have a few cars and lots of parts. I have had the hobby business "Fourteener Werks" for about 30 years.
John (14carrot) is in Scotland just south of Brantford, and is the SIG 914 guy in this area.
I have a long list of others that are in southern Ontario.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
gord
post May 26 2022, 10:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 24,334

@14carrot also hosts a pretty active WhatsApp group for 914 owners in the area…
+Quote Post
peteyd
post May 27 2022, 10:03 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,858

I am in Guelph.

I don't have any cars for sale, but I have the sheet metal for your rust repair when you do find one.

Pete
Restoration Design
+Quote Post
14carrot
post May 27 2022, 05:33 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,599

Hi Orest, John Tipper here. As mentioned above by John (Garland), please check out the SIG 914 Updates thread. I sent you an email. Awesome 914 owners here in Ontario (you've already been contacted by many great ones)
+Quote Post
2L914Eh
post Jun 24 2022, 11:22 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 26,637

Hi Orest .

I found this thread that just might be a way to reach local 914 enthusiasts. I am a newbie to this forum my self Orest but have some familiarity with the 914 . In the 1990's I belonged to the 914 owners association. I live in London and quite recently joined this message board to locate contacts in this region. My car ,a garage queen, has been stored on stands for some years since the rather expensive OE fuel pump died and other work and hobbies occupied my time. It is a solid bodied 914 , not perfect but with none of the common rust problems ( detailed photos were shared with Pete deJonge a half dozen years ago and received his generous and positive input). However, given my present priorities this car, a 914 shop literature collection and some small parts is in need of a new home and some committed TLC as a possible restoration candidate. Perhaps you are looking for such a project. If so, please let me know.

During the mid 1980's there was battery and fuel pump relocation work done on the 2 liter by Martin Ellerker. He and Marlene owned a business named Fourteener Werks located in Dundas. They later moved to Florida as I recall. I 'm wondering if this is the same operation that Dave Pateman ,who replied on this thread and refers to in Burford? If so, does that Fourteener Werks business repair these cars as Martin once did or are there other shops/enthusiasts in the southern Ontario region that service/restore these cars? Presently, I am in the process of 'up-fixin' it by replumbing the 3 port fuel pump with a 2 port one in an effort to get it running again.

Cheers
Ken
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 08:50 AM