Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Porsche history
tgoch
post May 30 2022, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,470
Region Association: Europe

Where can I find very detailed information about my Porsche? I already received a certificate from Official Porsche but it only gives me very basic information.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lalee914
post May 31 2022, 08:17 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 15,521
Region Association: North East States

Well, I don't know of one source that might answer your question but there are several different sources that might be useful. If your 914 is a /6 then you can go to www.P914-6info.net and see if it is on the VIN list. I run that web site and if your car is on the list then I might be able to provide some info on previous advertisements. This is only for 914/6s. I don't charge for anything.

If you don't have the original owners manual you might try www.everything914.com
The guy who runs this web site has a list of every 914/6 that was ever sold new in the USA and can provide info like the date the car was sold, the name of the selling dealer, the city that the original owner lived in and some other stuff. This guy charges for his info.

You could also try Dave Pateman who is a member here. He can get COA like info for pretty much any of the older Porsches including 914/4s & /6s. Dave also charges for his info.

These are just some places to start. Generally it takes some digging, work, persistence and luck to find what you are looking for.
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post May 31 2022, 09:02 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

I have a report from Dave Patemen and found it pretty interesting - including the original dealer. david_j.pateman@sympatico.ca - I hope he doesn't mind me sharing his email here...I don't recall his member name.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:59 PM