Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - hey emerygt350, i finished the falcon.
wonkipop
post Jun 28 2022, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

one for @emerygt350 (and anyone else who thinks henry ford was alright).

got the falcon ute finished.
about 3 months behind schedule. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
you think you are just going to be screwing all the last bits in - no worries - but no.

aussie fords. a thing of the past.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

gave it final finishing touch.
aus design award sticker stuck in the window the way an indifferent 18 year old assembly line worker did it 25 + years ago after a night on the beers.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Van B
post Jun 28 2022, 11:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 26,011
Region Association: None

I know those utes are a popular choice down there, but here people would break their necks trying to figure out what that is lol!!

To me it just looks like the perfect car to run to the hardware store in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Jun 28 2022, 11:49 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Van B @ Jun 28 2022, 11:04 PM) *

I know those utes are a popular choice down there, but here people would break their necks trying to figure out what that is lol!!

To me it just looks like the perfect car to run to the hardware store in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

thats the idea.
the load bay is quite long, better than any current offerings you can get.
the utes even down here are a bit of a thing of the past.
most young tradies (building site workers as they are known) drive the giant hopped up twin cab trucks these days and don't carry loads. they have those useless tubs on the back. everything gets delivered to building sites. even farmers don't really drive utes anymore. its a country going soft handed?

aus utes always had one difference to the USA sedan style pickups like the ford rancheros or the chev el camino. the USA cars used sedan floor pans and had long rear overhangs. the trick the aussies got up to was using the station wagon floor pans for the utes which had a longer wheelbase and less rear overhang. makes them a little less diabolical to drive when loaded up.

we got this one for zero $. belonged to an old bloke who passed away and his widow gave it to us. it was pretty rooted. rust everywhere. in a lot more places than i originally thought. but for some reason the interior in it is perfect.
usually aussie cars that have been work cars are just sunbaked into the ground.

just got to put the first scratch on it and start using it like its meant to used for another 25 years. i am officially an old man if i start driving this around. all the young guys call them "old men utes". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

there is a myth that the ute was invented in australia by Ford in the 1930s. not sure its true. i have read contrary stories that its a USA invention. its possible that the integration of the cab with the load tub might be an australian concoction. the american variants are as early as T model fords, but these had separate pick up trays. so i dunno.

@Maltese Falcon . yeah that movie is great. "4 degrees before TDC" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
that actress should have got an oscar.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 29 2022, 07:07 AM
Post #4

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jun 29 2022, 02:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Jun 28 2022, 11:04 PM) *

thats the idea.
the load bay is quite long, better than any current offerings you can get.
the utes even down here are a bit of a thing of the past.
most young tradies (building site workers as they are known) drive the giant hopped up twin cab trucks these days and don't carry loads. they have those useless tubs on the back. everything gets delivered to building sites. even farmers don't really drive utes anymore. its a country going soft handed?

aus utes always had one difference to the USA sedan style pickups like the ford rancheros or the chev el camino. the USA cars used sedan floor pans and had long rear overhangs. the trick the aussies got up to was using the station wagon floor pans for the utes which had a longer wheelbase and less rear overhang. makes them a little less diabolical to drive when loaded up.

we got this one for zero $. belonged to an old bloke who passed away and his widow gave it to us. it was pretty rooted. rust everywhere. in a lot more places than i originally thought. but for some reason the interior in it is perfect.
usually aussie cars that have been work cars are just sunbaked into the ground.

just got to put the first scratch on it and start using it like its meant to used for another 25 years. i am officially an old man if i start driving this around. all the young guys call them "old men utes". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

there is a myth that the ute was invented in australia by Ford in the 1930s. not sure its true. i have read contrary stories that its a USA invention. its possible that the integration of the cab with the load tub might be an australian concoction. the american variants are as early as T model fords, but these had separate pick up trays. so i dunno.

@Maltese Falcon . yeah that movie is great. "4 degrees before TDC" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
that actress should have got an oscar.

For the record, Marissa Tomei did win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for her role in My Cousin Vinnie. That is an Oscar.
On topic though, I love the Mighty Car Mods episode where Marty picks up Kieth Urban in his Ute to go drop landscape materials at his house. Just getting help from one of his mates!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:20 PM