Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine shutoff while driving?, Yes, it had half a tank of gas.
Ecterg42
post Jul 10 2022, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,730
Region Association: North East States

Hi fellas,

I had been driving my 75 2.0 FI on the highway for 4 hours on a hot day, with a couple of bio-breaks. After the last stop, while accelerating onto the highway, the engine shotdown. Stopped, checked usual suspects and after 10 minutes it started and I was on the road again. 15 minutes later I when through an interchange onto a different highway, and during acceleration it shut down again. Weather really hot now. This time it would not start again, cranked but was like it was out of gas. Fuel pressure was 30psi. Oil temp was 180 - 200 and the level was good. An oil cooler is mounted in frunk floor where A/C was.
Could the heat from the oil cooler have caused the fuel pump to vapor lock? What other sensors or devices could cause the engine to just shut off like that?

Car flat-bedded home,(AAA-yea). The next morning at home I gave it a try and it started right up and ran just fine.

Thanks,
Greg

I added a photo of the frunk showing position of oil cooler to fuel pump.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:09 PM