Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Found a really slick subwoofer, Looks like it was designed for us
steuspeed
post Aug 17 2022, 02:30 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,308
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Specifically designed for passenger footwell location. See video on Crutchfield site. Amazing!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DennisV
post Aug 18 2022, 11:19 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 24,575
Region Association: Northern California

@ gereed75
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Aug 15 2022, 07:26 PM) *

What I did not know was how well it would fit. After taking out the foam filler block, I found that This thing fits in the recess in the passenger footwell like it was designed to be there.

Thanks for sharing. This is pretty cool. Reminds me of Things Fitting Perfectly Into Other Things, which I find perversely satisfying.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
DC_neun_vierzehn
post Sep 13 2023, 01:52 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 24,893
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Aug 15 2022, 08:26 PM) *

Had been contemplating a stereo upgrade. Had read all the threads. Wanted something that would require minimal disturbance from stock and be unobtrusive

Had already committed to a period correct Blau Frankfurt with the digital conversion. I knew that the Infinity Kappas were a good solution in the original speaker housings so went with those. In looking for a small powered sub I found the Pioneer TS WX010A. Chose it because it is about the smallest one out there and is a small 50 watt amp that requires no heavy wiring

Figured it’s small size would provide a variety of mounting options without have to cut up any interior stuff. What I did not know was how well it would fit. After taking out the foam filler block, I found that This thing fits in the recess in the passenger footwell like it was designed to be there. See pix below

I held it into place using the double face tape provided with the sub. This tape also nicely isolates the speaker so it does not rattle against the firewall/floor structure. Once the foam block is trimmed and put back into place the carpet covers it all and it essentially is undetectable.

The thing has great adjustability in gain and frequency. Both are turned way down and provides all the bass you could ever want in our small cabin. Paired with the Kappas it sounds great

Overall a very sanitary installation and a pleasing ( to me anyway) solution.

@gereed75 thanks for sharing this solution last August.

I ordered this sub online from Walmart for $180 and received it in the mail today. I have a bluetooth receiver hidden under my dash and it's wired to the two speakers in the stock location.

It sounds like when you upgraded/converted your Blaupunkt to digital, you also added 2 add'l speaker outputs? So you ran 2 outputs to the speakers in the stock location and then you ran the other 2 outputs to an RCA converter which you plugged into your sub?

I'm trying to figure out how would I run my only two speaker outputs on my bluetooth receiver under the dash to my 2 speakers AND the sub. Do I need to put a fork in right speaker line so that line would feed the passenger speaker AND the sub?

TIA
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Sep 13 2023, 06:18 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

Yea. My digital amp installed into the Blaupunkt had regular wire outputs for “ rear” speakers. Ran them through an RCA converter then into the sub. From memory I believe you can run the wires directly to the sub without an RCA converter. There is actually a switch on the sub that sets it up for RCA input or wire inputs

Also from memory I think that you can “T” the speaker wires to feed the sub. I think you can see the manual with wire diagrams showing various hook up options on the Pioneer web site.
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Sep 13 2023, 06:18 PM
Post #25

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

How about a schematic for us visual learners ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Sep 13 2023, 06:28 PM
Post #26

Here you go. Link to Pioneer manual

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFi.../01E91B1323.pdf

+Quote Post
DC_neun_vierzehn
post Sep 14 2023, 07:45 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 24,893
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(gereed75 @ Sep 13 2023, 06:18 PM) *

Yea. My digital amp installed into the Blaupunkt had regular wire outputs for “ rear” speakers. Ran them through an RCA converter then into the sub. From memory I believe you can run the wires directly to the sub without an RCA converter. There is actually a switch on the sub that sets it up for RCA input or wire inputs

Also from memory I think that you can “T” the speaker wires to feed the sub. I think you can see the manual with wire diagrams showing various hook up options on the Pioneer web site.

There's no example shown in the Pioneer manual for how to hook this sub up to a stereo that has just 2 speaker outputs (like my hidden under dash blue tooth receiver/amp). I'll guess I'll splice off of one of speaker outputs to feed the sub its signal.

This is the bluetooth receiver/amp unit I'm using.
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Sep 14 2023, 09:39 AM
Post #28

I suspect that teeing the regular wire outputs to the speakers will work. Caveat -not an audio expert. Might want to combine both outputs so that you get the bass input from both channels of the stereo output.

Let us know how it works. I think you will really like the sub.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 05:33 PM