Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 75 914 Laguna Blue Project
Cairo94507
post May 19 2024, 02:52 PM
Post #41

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Duane you are making great progress. I would ask you to consider "outing" the Austrian seller of the oil cooler by screen name so others will not fall prey to his deceitful practices. I am glad you recovered most of your money from that experience. This is a small community and we need to look out for each other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Graydingo
post May 20 2024, 06:38 AM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,768
Region Association: Southwest Region

Appreciate that. This was the for sale thread on the Pelican parts 914 board: His user name says Switzerland, but the mailing address was Austria.

I have no idea, but it just felt like Mario C. was a guy who inherited a lot of his dad's old rare parts and isn't really IN the Porsche community. I have no proof of that, but the whole experience makes me feel like he is not an enthusiast, and he acts very immature. I pictured a young man who has never had to deal with stuff until they are forced to deal with it the hard way.

Most of the stuff he was selling on pelican is good rare stuff, but he probably never had a problem because a lot of it was collectable stuff that didn't need to perform a function. I guess maybe he thought I was going to put the cooler on a pedestal and set it in my office. He's kind of known for selling "illegal" copies of rare workshop manuals for RS and RSR 911 cars. I have seen one complaint regarding these manuals in the past. I should sic Porsche legal on him, but I'm not a vindictive person.

He sent me a nasty email after ghosting me for like 3 months and that's when I finally escalated to Paypal. I loved seeing that $ back in my account, not because I needed it, but because he had to pay me.

Sadly, the cooler is back in his hands and looks brand new thanks to Pacific. I have no doubt he will try to sell it again, if he hasn't already. It's also in a pretty vacuumed formed package from Pacific. So anyone looking to buy a 914-6 cooler, just buy one from CSF. I would have done that if the CSF coolers were ready when I first went down this path.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:52 AM