Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB Case, Seeking a case for my engine build
sjhenry1075
post Sep 27 2022, 02:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,709
Region Association: North East States

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a case for my engine build, specifically a 1.7 case. Best case scenario would be that it's located within a few hours of Maryland so I could take a road trip to pick it up instead of having it shipped. However, if need be, I can definitely pay for shipping.

Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 27 2022, 05:32 AM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Shipping a type 4 case without studs is pretty inexpensive. I have two cases that I’ve been meaning to sell. I know one is a 2.0 case. I’ll check the other one this weekend. I’m in Middletown DE.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sjhenry1075
post Sep 27 2022, 07:17 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,709

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 27 2022, 07:32 AM) *

Shipping a type 4 case without studs is pretty inexpensive. I have two cases that I’ve been meaning to sell. I know one is a 2.0 case. I’ll check the other one this weekend. I’m in Middletown DE.

Excellent, thank you. I live on the eastern shore of MD so I'm pretty close to DE.
+Quote Post
914ltd
post Oct 1 2022, 08:46 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 581
Region Association: None

You can use any 914 case. 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0. The "W" lettered 1.7 case did not come with an oil windage tray. Many T4 and T2 VW cases can be used with some work (oil dip stick for one) Try to find a case that does not have "shiny" main bearing saddles, especially the center 2 piece. This may indicate an align bore is needed along with oversize bearings. Brad Mayeur
+Quote Post
briansmachine
post Oct 12 2022, 07:12 AM
Post #5

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 11,744

I have 2 semi complete engines that you can have really cheap if you can drive to Connecticut Both are still assembled and stored in a dry storage area. LMK if your interested email at bblake944s@aol.com if anyone else is interested pickup only shipping charges are rediculas
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:06 AM