Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> One of the last 1.7s made on BAT this week!
MCShack
post Oct 11 2022, 04:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,305
Region Association: Upper MidWest

One of the very last 1.7s made is up for auction on BAT this week!

I debated on posting this here or in the Originality forum, but since it is about a car that is for sale at a current auction, it belongs here, I think? It is one of the very last ’73 MY 914s made with VIN 4732927189 of 4732927660 and one of the very last with a 1.7L engine every made with a total of only 470 cars made after it. In 1974, the 1.7L engines were replaced with 1.8L engines.

It is almost comical that the COA says “European Equipment” instead of “North American Equipment” because this car while obviously made in West Germany, contains just about every single piece of equipment that appeared on cars bound for the USA. The small button amber side lights, the P-O-R-S-C-H-E letters on the engine grille cover, the lack of the VW logo on the back rear trunk panel, taillights are solid red w/o the amber lenses, front turn signal lenses are all amber instead of amber and clear/white or all clear/white, then the US DOT sticker inside the driver door rear door jam with the VIN and build completion date is present. The Porsche logos and emblems were not used in Europe because it was seen as a VW, so there would be no Porsche Crest on the butterfly horn button instead of the Wolfsburg Crest that came on VW made cars. I believe the European hub caps had VW logos on them or maybe they were plain. The only ones I have seen in North America either had no logo or had the Porsche Crest in the center of the hub caps. Very nice, very original, North American ’73 MY 914 1.7L car.

However, I just noticed this car has chrome bumpers with front fog/driving lights in them and they are not listed on the COA. 73s came standard with black bumpers and chrome bumpers and fog lights should be equipment listed on the COA as that those were not standard equipment on European or North American cars. We do know that a lot of changes happened between the '73 and '74 MY cars, like the little center dials on the tach and speedo gauges which are both silver and not black on this one. Also it has the black plastic door sill guards rather than the silver aluminum ones which came new on my car made only few weeks before this one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:02 AM