Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 3.2 in a 914, CHT times 2?
NARP74
post Oct 29 2022, 09:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,549
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The car I bought a little while ago had a 3.2 in it with stock FI and engine mgmt. That includes a CHT for the computer. At the last minute, the selling agent I was buying the car from decided to put in a center console with a CHT gauge. He did not have anything to drive the gauge so they hooked up a real fast solution just to get the gauge running. See the pic...

The problem is that where and how it is located, it pretty much just reads 0 or 350, nothing else. It never reads lower, never cools off. It is right by the exhaust manifold. The 3.2 has a built in CHT. Can I buy a new temp ring and tie it in under the factory CHT on cyl 3 like the factory? Is there room under the plugs on a 3.2 for the CHT ring like it would be hooked up on a 4 cyl? I have not looked into the plug area to see if there is any room. I don't think I can split the output of the factory CHT or it will change the resistance, I am guessing.

What have others done to feed a CHT gauge on a 3.2?
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:57 PM