Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Accuracy of the stock fuel level sender.
bbrock
post Nov 2 2022, 12:10 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Nov 2 2022, 09:04 AM) *

Wow Larry! Thanks!

Nice to know the gauge can't even see that last 1.6. I was quietly wondering how real that low end of the gauge was. My mustang will sit down there with the ignition off but if you try to run it to E you really do run out of gas.
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 2 2022, 10:02 AM) *

That's by design to give you a reserve after your gauge hits "empty."

QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 1 2022, 09:19 PM) *

Holy smokes. Actual data! I love it.

And for those who refill at half or quarter tank, you are missing out - life is more exciting below the 'E' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Tell Betty that... she is always telling me that we need gas the minute the needle passes below the half full line.

She also brags about the fact that she has never run out of gas.. but she always makes me drive if we are getting close to empty.

C'mon Betty, take a walk on the wild side! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) Just remember that every gallon of gas adds 6 horsepower robbing pounds.

I use my fuel gauge in combo with the odometer. I reset the trip odometer at every refill and have a good idea of the range I get on a tank. I do have an old car with a gauge that sticks between half and 1/4 tank on the way down. That car is no fun because I spend too much time at the gas pump keeping it full. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Nov 3 2022, 05:47 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

my sender and gauge are dead on.....I do need to install a 356 sender and appropriate gauge this winter. I will need help. MarkAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 06:56 PM