Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine build suggestions, Engine suggestions
brooks944
post Dec 1 2022, 03:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,139
Region Association: South East States

Hi, great to see the world back! I have a 74 with a 1.8 that was rebuilt with a Webcam, 96mm cylinders an 40 webers. The car has never been right and rich to the point of washing the cylinders. The engine has been out, back in and still not right. My trusted shop thinks it’s a timing issue as well as another local shop who is well known as a 914 pro. I am pretty confident it’s not a carb issue, lots of jet and even other carbs have been tried.

My question is the shop with the car has a 2.0l GA motor that another customer gave him on some other work that’s been in storage. Instead of continuing to struggle with the 1.8, should we use the 2l (assuming it’s a good case, etc), my cylinders and cam to build a 2056? Should match the carbs, but look forward to your input and suggestions.

Thanks,
Rick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 04:53 AM