Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Latest recs/experience with 15" Hoosiers?, A7 vs R7 vs Radial Slicks
campbellcj
post Jan 6 2023, 11:30 AM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Hey All -

When I was last actively tracking my car in 2016-18 I had switched to a Hoosier Radial Slick in a soft compound which does not seem available anymore, but there are similar models in a medium compound I think will fit.

I'm aiming to get back out there a few times this year just for fun - won't be running competitively at least at first as I shake-off the cobwebs - so I'm thinking the R7 or A7 may be better in terms of longevity and pricing. (Although previously I found the slicks and R6 lasted me around the same number of heat cycles with the slicks performing better and costing more as one would assume.)

Does anyone have recent experience or info on using the A7 for short TT/TA sessions or sprint races, around 20-25min sessions? I've never used any of the A* variants but recall hearing of folks using them on lightweight cars for non-endurance events. Was that @brant ?

I'd be open to other brands as well if the correct 15" sizes are available. I run 8's/9's and my flares can fit about a 10" section width tire.

Thanks much for any insights!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:40 PM