Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA LA Autocross - 1/23/2023 - Angels Stadium
yeahmag
post Jan 23 2023, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

Great event with PCA LA at Angels Stadium yesterday. I won't bother to post my video as I had been "over served" the night before and was not on the top of my game. Evan Fullerton managed a 49.9XX (still verifying the XX) and was by far the fastest air cooled car, I believe the fastest Porsche, and was likely in the Top 5 raw times of the day. All with a little 2056cc with some Jake Raby parts and a little redneck engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH0Raq5dkE8
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
brilliantrot
post Jan 30 2023, 07:48 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,699

Aaron does a great job with the car development and prep, so much fun to just be the monkey behind the steering wheel!
+Quote Post
infraredcalvin
post Jan 30 2023, 08:43 PM
Post #3

Distracted Member

Member No.: 9,463
Region Association: Southern California

Nice driving! You need to add some canned cheers to go along with the fist pump at the end….
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
brilliantrot
post Jan 31 2023, 11:10 PM
Post #4

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Was pretty stoked to get into the 49s on the last run of the day.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 1 2023, 08:57 AM
Post #5

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jan 23 2023, 04:21 PM) *

Great event with PCA LA at Angels Stadium yesterday. I won't bother to post my video as I had been "over served" the night before and was not on the top of my game. Evan Fullerton managed a 49.9XX (still verifying the XX) and was by far the fastest air cooled car, I believe the fastest Porsche, and was likely in the Top 5 raw times of the day. All with a little 2056cc with some Jake Raby parts and a little redneck engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH0Raq5dkE8

QUOTE(brilliantrot @ Feb 1 2023, 12:10 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Was pretty stoked to get into the 49s on the last run of the day.

@yeahmag
@brilliantrot

Guys that was a great run! great time, that course layout is very similar to one i ran back last year with SCCA up in charlotte nc. it was i think 1.1 or 1.2 mile long and was my first 2 days of AX iwht my old motor. lots of mistakes at first and lots of improvement over 2 days work, and im hooked!
I am curious what your "red neck" engineering is, and what stuff from Jake you are running and what you have learned you can pass along some wisdom? i now have a 2056 and custom exhaust and now with motor broken in i am looking forward to getting back out there this year!.

Phil
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Feb 1 2023, 01:20 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 21,317

It LOOKS like you never left second gear, but I could be wrong. I was also wondering if you would share your gearing? Do you have a taller second gear? .....or maybe a better question is, what does your engine redline at?
+Quote Post
brilliantrot
post Feb 1 2023, 05:10 PM
Post #7

Stock 2nd but a short 3rd. Rarely get into 3rd though, the time for the shift and immediately back to 2nd rarely is worth it.

Aaron only lets me run it to 7500 because of the stock rods and cast pistons. I used to run mine to 8000+ and never windowed a case but the next motor will have forged rods and pistons so we can spin it to 8000.

The tangerine exhaust is really good, good carb tuning is good. Big cams and good head work are good. What makes this thing last is Aaon modified a CB Type 1 single stage drysump pump to fit with a big oil tank and cooler in the front trunk.

Beyond that is a simple setup. Good shocks, LSD diff, low friction bushings, really really stiff springs and feed it Hoosiers and keep welding the chassis back together as things crack.

The close ratio steering rack is really the only not so common mod and not being afraid to run spring rates 2X higher than most.
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Feb 2 2023, 07:01 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 21,317

QUOTE(brilliantrot @ Feb 1 2023, 06:10 PM) *

Stock 2nd but a short 3rd. Rarely get into 3rd though, the time for the shift and immediately back to 2nd rarely is worth it.

Aaron only lets me run it to 7500 because of the stock rods and cast pistons. I used to run mine to 8000+ and never windowed a case but the next motor will have forged rods and pistons so we can spin it to 8000.

The tangerine exhaust is really good, good carb tuning is good. Big cams and good head work are good. What makes this thing last is Aaon modified a CB Type 1 single stage drysump pump to fit with a big oil tank and cooler in the front trunk.

Beyond that is a simple setup. Good shocks, LSD diff, low friction bushings, really really stiff springs and feed it Hoosiers and keep welding the chassis back together as things crack.

The close ratio steering rack is really the only not so common mod and not being afraid to run spring rates 2X higher than most.

Thanks for the info. You guys are killin' it!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:55 AM