Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your thoughts EasyLift VS QuickJack
GaroldShaffer
post Mar 19 2023, 06:53 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

So, I have a nice TDRMR 6000 Midrise lift in the garage that I love! One of the best investments I made next two the 2 stage compressor for my garage. My ceiling is not high enough for a two post lift, midrise it is.

Those that have seen my garage know it is stuffed full with crap highly valuable Porsche 914 parts & parts cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) I know, its a sickness, but well at least Juile knows where I'm at 99% of the time.

Been giving thought to adding another "tool" to the madness. While I like the Quickjack setup Quickjack I think I am leaning towards the EZ Car lift EZCARLIFT both do the same thing, but I kind like the fact that the EZ Car lift system is pretty simple to use, and you don't have to hook up hoses and pump like.

Anyone here ever use the EZCARLIFT system? Your thoughts? The cost is more than the Quickjack, but I really like the fact that you don't need the extra hoses and pump to use it. Just a heavy-duty drill which I have.

This is more about just getting the car off the ground to height that is easier on this old man's back when parting / working on 914s. I would still use the midrise for engine drops and everything else also, but having a 2nd option would be nice.

Picture of my midrise lift (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Mar 19 2023, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

i LOVE my EZCarLift - and agree with everyone on the great investment front.

I picked EZCarLift over the QuickJack for just the reason you stated - no hoses, etc. All I need is a couple of boards under the wheels to get the 914 just a liiiiiiitle bit higher due to the lower-profile tires. I think stock height wouldn't need it and I don't need them when it comes back down until the suspension settles. I use a single EZCarLift hockey puck on each donut.

When mine isn't being used, it's propped up against the wall. It's quick and tidy. Works great. I'd do it again.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Mar 19 2023, 08:40 PM
Post #3

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 19 2023, 08:15 PM) *

i LOVE my EZCarLift - and agree with everyone on the great investment front.

I picked EZCarLift over the QuickJack for just the reason you stated - no hoses, etc. All I need is a couple of boards under the wheels to get the 914 just a liiiiiiitle bit higher due to the lower-profile tires. I think stock height wouldn't need it and I don't need them when it comes back down until the suspension settles. I use a single EZCarLift hockey puck on each donut.

When mine isn't being used, it's propped up against the wall. It's quick and tidy. Works great. I'd do it again.

Attached Image

web site says 26" lift. Can you drop a motor or is this just for general maintenance?
+Quote Post
L-Jet914
post Mar 19 2023, 09:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,080
Region Association: Northern California

I have the QuickJack BL-7000SLX setup as I do not have room for a two post lift in my garage and limited space. Max height is 21" and probably a few more when I use the light truck/suv adapters when working on other vehicles. I've never heard of the EZCar lift until today haha. One thing I didn't see on the EZCar lift was no safety locks unless it's stated somewhere else. The newer updated QuickJacks seem to have a 24" lift height.
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Mar 19 2023, 11:02 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

I have had my EZ car lift for at least 10 years. I love it! It goes up 27 inches. I can just barely roll out my six with carbs. I also have the casters for it. At times they have been incredibly useful. I stand it up on the wall when I'm not using it. It is about 120lbs. Not light but still a bit of weight to drag to where I store it. My lowered car requires that I put a floor jack under the front of the car to roll it under. I only need to lift it about 2". It is well built, reliable and very easy to use. It does not have a locking device nor does it need one. Both rails have a large "screw" that runs the entire lenght. It can't collapse or unlock. Excellent customer service and updates from the owner.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Mar 20 2023, 05:08 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi Garold, for engine drops I would skip the EZlift and just build a sturdy box on casters. Just lower your car down, unbolt engine/trans, lift car and out it rolls. Looks like you engine is out by the placement of your lift. Like 911's always add a few hundred pound to the front trunk to keep things balanced. And whats the Old Man thing, born in 1965. I'm 75 and still doing this shit and loving it. Best, MarkAttached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
mgphoto
post Mar 20 2023, 10:14 AM
Post #7

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Member No.: 10,225
Region Association: Southern California

A vote for the EZ Car lift , I have the wheel kit so I can move it around the shop, had the car on the lift over a year once, the wheels made it a breeze, didn’t have to put wheels on the car to lower it to move from one spot to another.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 11:00 PM