Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bluey the $400 Porsche
Big Len
post Aug 25 2023, 04:53 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey Cian,
Did we meet at the Rio Rancho car show several months ago?
Also, did the person with the 30 914s live in or near Edgewood? That's where I live.
Would you like some of us local owners to come over one day on a weekend and give you a hand?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Olympicblue73
post Aug 25 2023, 05:04 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 25,642
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 25 2023, 04:53 PM) *

Hey Cian,
Did we meet at the Rio Rancho car show several months ago?
Also, did the person with the 30 914s live in or near Edgewood? That's where I live.
Would you like some of us local owners to come over one day on a weekend and give you a hand?

Hey Len!

Yes we did meet very briefly! Your car is gorgeous! You were talking to my buddy Jeff, and I shook your hand. The guy is actually out on the westside just off Coors!

Having a little get together could be very fun, that is incredibly generous of you to offer! I can PM you to get your contact info (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Aug 27 2023, 01:05 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

PM sent
+Quote Post
Olympicblue73
post Apr 6 2024, 02:50 PM
Post #44

Hello all! Long time no see! I apologize for not keeping up with my update posts, but my life has been overwhelmingly busy over the past 8 months, mainly due to architecture school. The good news is that I still have been making slow progress on the car, which I will share with a series of posts below!

Many of you will dislike that I am not doing it myself, but in September I took my motor to Performance Motorcar Investments to be rebuilt. As I established before, I reeeeeally struggle with motivation, and I know that if I decided to rebuild the motor myself, the project would probably never be finished. Now that somebody else is doing that, I feel forced to get other things done before the motor is finished, which is giving me much needed motivation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The jobs that I need to complete include:
- Repainting the tins for the motor
- Tidying up the engine compartment
- Rebuilding the transmission
- Finish fuel lines
Among other things, like CVs.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Olympicblue73
post Apr 6 2024, 03:23 PM
Post #45

One major thing that needed to be done was to reseal the transmission. It was the only thing that really leaked on the entire car, and it had seemingly leaked so much that it had resealed itself with dried transmission fluid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I decided to contact my friend who works on air cooled Porsche transmissions to see if we could work on fully rebuilding it together, because if the inside was as bad as the outside, it was going to need it. Upon opening the transmission we discovered that it was in okay shape, but it needed synchros for second and third, and a first gear dogtooth ring. It seemed like the previous owner had cracked the transmission open multiple times and moved parts around to "distribute the wear evenly..."

I am very grateful for this opportunity because I learned a ton about the 901 and transmissions in general, as well as saved a chunk of change. On to the next task! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 05:47 AM