Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Adding to the Wiring Harness, I could use recommendations
Literati914
post Jul 15 2023, 11:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

Just trying to think ahead - I’d like to add some extra wiring to my original ‘72 wiring harness before I re-install it into the car. I always struggle with electrical stuff but usually manage eventually.. but I was hoping for some recommendations to try and eliminate any “ooops!” moments later.
Im gonna have to figure out stuff like preferred gauge of wire, inline fuse/relays, is a ground wire needed thru the harness for particular items, etc.

1. A/F Lambda sensor: both a + & - wire needed thru the harness?..where should it ground?..what gauge wire?

2. 3rd brake light: same questions ^ , also can I just tap into the already present stock wire for rear brakes?

3. Oil pressure numerical (for combo gauge), I’ll be using a dual pole sender at the engine: same questions^ and where does it ground?

4. CHT: so I think I’ll only be adding the specialized braided wire to the harness - is that right? Does a ground wire come in to play somewhere?

5. Fog lights: I need to look closer at my original harness (‘72) but I don’t think the car came with fogs originally. So same questions as above ^ .

6. Positive Battery Cable: so, rather than have a bunch of wires attached outside the + battery terminal , I’d like to get them imbedded inside the harness and shrink wrapped into the + cable’s outer shell. I believe the radio is usually one that you see here (what gauge?)… and what are some of the other stuff we usually see attached to the + side (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Any help appreciated!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:50 PM