Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A different sort of FI question, because my alfa made me do it
mmichalik
post Jul 26 2023, 08:25 AM
Post #1

MikeM

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,600
Region Association: Southern California

So yesterday, I'm driving to the gym in my Alfa and it starts throwing codes on the dash.
I get the car back home, put the scanner on it and ultimately it was a P0101 code that put the car into limp mode and shut off a couple of other functions in the car.
I knew I didn't want have the luxury of getting a new Mass Airflow Sensor quickly so I went to the auto parts store down the road and got me a can of the MAS Cleaner.
30 minutes later, part is clean and back in the car and the code is gone.
But all of this got me thinking, did the original FI on our cars use a wire senor for the MAF or did it use something even more analog then that? I mean, it was almost 50+ years ago when it was designed.
I've always been afraid of the FI on the cars but, I've been toying with the idea of getting a FI kit from one of the vendors that are now producing them, for the 2056 that I am building.
Yesterday's experience intrigued me and maybe the FI isn't so difficult after all....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:18 PM